I need dentures at 23 WTFFFFFFFFF

Let me start this by saying, I have brushed my teeth DAILY, since I can remember. I had great teeth until I had my first child! Since then, (6 years ago) I have orange stains, 3 molars broke in HALF! And several chips. UGH. I am well on my way to dentures. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I also had beautiful teeth growing up! I brushed them constantly, never had cavities until I was 19, and now, at 33, I have two teeth that have literally broken in half. I tried to get a crown on one after getting a root canal on it, but because it broke completely in half, there is no place for the crown to attach on the side where there is no tooth. So now I am left to decide whether I am going to pull the tooth out, and do a partial. ( I think that's what it's called) I feel ya, girl... Life's not fair sometimes! GL
    Anonymous

• Get as many second opinions as possible there is a dentist out there that can save your teeth! You can also get financing for it if you can't afford it. Care Credit is a financing company most dentists use and you can apply for it at www.carecredit.com You need to get them fixed NOW or you really will need dentures! A few crowns, fillings, whitening and you might be up and going with nothing else needed...
    Anonymous

• Not me personally but I do know a few people who having children ruined their teeth. They are in their 20s also
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My dentist told me that after you have children it is all down hill. I hadn't had a cavity in 14 years. I had a baby and shortly after I had to have 3 fillings and one was almost a root canal. I love my dentist and he is great and was able to save them all and told me that my enamel was thin. He informed to use a specific toothpaste to try and help. I wish you luck. If you trust your dentist then go with your gut. If you don't find another. I have been using my dentist for 24 years..
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• its because yourteeth require TONS of calcium and when your pregnant all of it goes to supporting the baby and your body forgets about your teeth...so generally after you have a child you are supposed to go to the dentist to check everything out and definitly double up even triple up on your calcium.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I feel your pain. With my first son I had 3 cavitys and had to have a root cannal and had one pulled. After my second son I had 6 cavities and the tooth they did the root cannal has to be pulled now. My husband thought it was hilarious because he calls me the "toothbrush nazi" because I am always on everyone in my family about brushing and flossing their teeth and I had 6 cavitys. I wanted to cry.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you DONT get enough calcium when preggo the FIRST place your body steals it is your teeth dear. Also if you used to be into coke or crack that will also destroy your teeth. DNA plays a small part in it as well. If your folks or aunts or uncles had bad teeth you may just be following the DNA path.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am sorry you need them. LIfe seems to give many turn more more when u least expect it. I am full of rocks on my kidney and my gull blatter. I will be rid of the latter by surgery next week. LIfe is crazy.
    nekkyoo

Answer by nekkyoo at 12:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i had to have dentures at 32, not so bad, but theres nothing like your own teeth. I had seizures as a teen and had to use medication, a side effect was loss of bone, the jaw bone is thin so my teeth were beginning to loosen. See if you can find a dentist that can try to save your teeth, if not, they are very realistic and no one will be able to tell. I know insurance doesnt pay for it, but if you can get implants, those are pretty nifty as well. Hope all goes well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• F***ING WOW! How dare you insult her of duing crack!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 1:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2009