I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child and am suddenly having a terrible time with hemmoroids and swollen vaginal tissue. I have been told this will go away after labor, when the baby is no longer pushing pressure down on these areas. However, I would love advice for help with the discomfort in the meantime.

JavaMommyof2

Asked by JavaMommyof2 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had the hemmoroids not so much the swollen vaginal tissue i had a swollen vagina after birth lol.but i suggest you get tux pads for hemmoroids it really helps and for the swollen vagina lay down and relax.also you can relax in a warm bath.good luck!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 9:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Preporation H or Tucks will help withthe swelling. Your Dr will tell you what will help ith this. good luck as those things HURT! Cant only imagine what being preggo with them feels like.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Preparation H helps. Also use glycerin suppositories if you are constipated. That helps to make it smoother to go.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• A shower always helped me. A nice hot shower to relax the body. You may also take a warm bath to relieve the baby from pushing on that area. Also, you may also ask your doctor about stool softeners to try and help relieve the preassure caused by passing a bowel movement. If your toilet tissue is causing further irritation you may also try switching to natural, scent free moist wipes. They may help relieve your rectal and vaginal area from becoming irritated from wiping.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009