breastfeeding,stitches after you have baby and 1 month old baby questions.

1)how long does it take for the stitches to melt?
2)is it normal when your pumping that one boob pumps more out then the other.lately one boob pumps out 4 oz and the other 2 or a little less then 2.
3)my baby makes weird noises when shes waking up its like a squeal its weird.is that normal?another noise she makes when shes sleeping is kind of like she has flem.is that normal?
4)everytime i put her down in her crib she wakes up, any tips on how to make her sleep longer?even when i put her in my bed she'll wake up.she only sleeps long if shes in her bouncer or in my arms.

THANX LADIES I APPRECIATE IT!

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 9:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take awhile for you stitches to dissolve.

Yes! completley normal to produce more on one side than the other. Remember that what you are pumping isn't a good indication of what your are producing b/c a baby empties much better than the pump does.

Yes! babies make all kinds of wierd noises. You will learn which noises mean what as your baby gets older. If you think that baby is having difficulty breathing then call your pedi.

She will start to sleep longer as time goes on. You can put her down and she will eventually go back to sleep. I started putting my LO down at 3 weeks and she would wake up and I would let her fall back asleep. I knew that she was fed, changed and warm.

Congratulations and I wish you luck!.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• 1: About 2 wks.

2. Yes, completely normal. Just keep pumping... and pumping for a few minutes after you've gone dry will also help keep up your supply.

3. Yes, normal. If the "flem" noise concerns you bring it up with her dr.

4. Babies sleep better if they feel like they're being held. Try swaddling.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• funny thing about the swaddling she wont keep her arms in lol.no matter how tight i put it.i can wrap it around her whole body but her arms have 2 be free.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 9:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Each persons body takes a different amont of time for dissolving stitches to melt. usually 2 to 3 week at most. Ide pump more on the lower out put bood, and baby's make ALL sorts of wierd noised when waking up or while sleeping or even being fully awake.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My daughter is the same way with the swaddling. She sleeps with her arms above her head. It is so cute. I just swaddle her from the armpits down.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• With pumping, pretty much anything goes as normal. Also, don't know if you know this, but the amount that you pump isn't the amount that the baby gets. (in case your pump output dropped to like half an ounce, I don't want you to worry that your baby wasn't getting enough).
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• 1)how long does it take for the stitches to melt? Mine took about a month
    2)is it normal when your pumping that one boob pumps more out then the other.lately one boob pumps out 4 oz and the other 2 or a little less then 2. Pump at least one hour after nursing; offer the baby the breast producing the least, first.
    3)my baby makes weird noises when shes waking up its like a squeal its weird.is that normal? Yesanother noise she makes when shes sleeping is kind of like she has flem.is that normal? Yes; it is called snurgling.
    4)everytime i put her down in her crib she wakes up, any tips on how to make her sleep longer?even when i put her in my bed she'll wake up.she only sleeps long if shes in her bouncer or in my arms. She is a newborn who is used to being held close. Wear her, hold her, enjoy her.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• 1. a few weeks for me
    2. yes, you are lucky you are getting 4 oz out of one breasts...i'm at 4 months and i can't even get 2oz out of BOTH breasts...and like one of the other answers said the amount you pump isn't the amount the baby is getting, babies know how to extract more than a pump can
    3. my baby did, and still makes weird noises when he sleeps so i'm guessing it's normals
    4. when we put our baby down usually he falls asleep in a cradle position in my arms, then hold him AWAY from my body and gently rock him. he will figet a little but then fall asleep when he realizes he's in my arms. then i lay him down. also my baby HATED laying flat on his back. i think it was because of gas so he goes to be in his car seat every night. he feels more cozy and secure in there. if i lay him flat on his back he won't sleep at all. you can roll up some towels and put them under the crib mattress to elevate it. just a suggestion
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 10:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't respond well to the pump at all so I quit pumping! I found it more stressful but to each his own. I'm a first time mom so I also asked the noise questions. lol My ped told me it's because babies ONLY breathe through their nose and not their mouth yet. Have you tried the shushing method when laying the baby down? My little guy responds to this really well. Also, you shouldn't put the baby on their belly because they lose their startle factor and could forget to breathe. Good luck to you mama. You'll have your own routine that feels completely comfortable soon! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• thanx you all your answers really helped ALOT!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009