my one yr old doesnt stop coughing,hes on antibiotics for a throat infection

and albuterol for his slight asthma,is there anything i can do he doesnt stop coughing ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call your pedi. Have you done a cool mist humidifier as well. The coughing could be from the asthma. Are you using it enough times a day. It can be used as often as every 4 hours unless instructed otherwise. I have had to use my own about once an hour when I get sick, but that is per my own instructions from my doc.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Id take him back to your Dr and see if he doesn't have something worse like whooping cough or pneumonia. He shouldn't be coughing like that on those medications. ALWAYS better safe than sorry. You can always call ANY emergency room nurse and ask them for free advice.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• someone once told me to put vicks vapor rub on my son's feet and put socks over it if he has a cough. i did this, and he didn't cough ALL NIGHT! it was a miracle!!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2009