35 weeks bumped my tummy against a doorknob pretty hard, its bruised....?

i was getting ready to get in the shower and hubby was taking a pee (tmi lol) and he was in MY way lol so i tried to squeeze past him and my stomach hit the doorknob pretty hard. it hurt really bad and i looked down and it was bruised. its been almost 20 min and my stomach still really hurts, should i be worried? BTW it was like right on my belly button that hit, and its all purple and stuff...

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've done that a few times over the last month or so, everything seems to get in the way of my belly LOL. Baby is always fine though. If you're concerned, lay on your left side with a cold glass of water & do a kick count. If you feel movement, you're good. If not, it doesn't hurt to be looked at or to at least call your doctor. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ouch!
    Anonymous

• Should you be worried about the baby? I don't think so. There is a lot of protection there even if don't really feel like it. The fluid should cushion the blow.

Ouch, hope you feel better soon.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you are worried about the baby. I don't think you have any thing to worry about. There is a lot of fluid between for coosh.

Answer by louise2 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Your baby is probably fine. You have NO idea how much padding is in between your skin and the actual baby. Had your whole tummy been smashed Ide be worried but what you describe dosnt sound bad at all. Call your Dr if your terribly worried and it will ease your mind.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would keep an eye on how often your baby moves. I bumped my belly when i was pregnant and i had to have an emergency c-section because i had a placential abruption. And i didnt even think that i hit it that hard. But when i went into the OR they told DH that either me or my son wont make it. But were both still here =) Just be careful.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• call labor and delivery at your hospital and ask what they think

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Honestly you should be fine. It's the bruised area that self that most likely hurts, and probably a bit of the surrounding area. It's unlikely that you've caused any damage to the baby or your body other then what was bruised. If you are experiencing any cramping, bleeding, or any complications outside of the painful bruise then call your OB or the L&D triog. Otherwise you should be fine to continue throughout your day. I know that it hurts, as you probably got a good knock from the knob. However, in my opinion I don't think there will be any lasting damage to you or your child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2009