RU486.....has anyone taken the abortion pill?

I am too early to even make an appointment, but I will be taking it within two weeks or so. IF AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE (or know someone close to you who has) taken the RU486....what is it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i took a biology of sexual reproduction class and they said that if you were going to have an abortion you should get a D&C or vacuum aspiration because the pill was too hard on your body, a lot of chemicals and stuff
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• THE NEXT DAY IS CRAZY PAINFUL...........B ABSOLUTLY SURE!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 1:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It is horrific. There is almost instant pain...with little to no relief. The cramping was worse with the PILL than anything I have ever experienced. I vomitted from the sheer pain, until it was just dry heaving for hours.I evnetually got into a hot bath with muscle relaxers..trying to stop the pain, I could have died, I passed out and woke up hours later barely above the water line in an ice cold bath. The worst part is that the clinic told me there would be mild to moderate cramping, and slight discomfort. Way off the mark. Once you start the process, there is nothing that can be done to stop it, and it is a violent and gruesome experience, that you will go through in your own home, alone. I mean to say, just be sure you are ready to handle your unborn fetus, because it is likely something you will have to do before it's all over.I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone. If you are surely terminating, opt for surgical.
    Anonymous

• Hate me. Judge me. Slam me.
    At 21 days the heart begins to beat.
    At 35 days pigment appears in the retina.
    At 40 days brainwaves are recordable.
    The RU486 abortion causes severe cramping, nausea, vomiting and bleeding for more than a week, versus a surgical abortion which lasts a few minutes. Complications are cardiac arrest, hemorrhage, or an incomplete abortion.
    Read what the manufacterers spokesperson is saying at http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_9314ru.asp
    I am more than willing to open my home up for your child.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I haven't done it but I had a close friend who did and from what I've heard it's easier to go through 9 months of pregnancy AND childbirth than to go through that. She was in serious physical pain and it was traumatic for her not to mention the guilt she felt. Please don't do it. I know you've probably made up your mind for the most part but please don't do it. If there is any way you can, just be a home for the baby until you can have it and if you still don't want to keep it give someone else a gift. It will be the most meaningful thing you ever do if you can find it in your heart to do so.
    Anonymous