What Would You Do?

This is gonna sound so weird! Today, at the grocery store a complete stranger approached me & invited me to be her model for a Mary Kay party. She said it's a consultant party & they are supposed to be bring a red-head to help them find shades of red lipstick that look good on red-heads. This sounds really awesome& I'd love to know what make up looks best on me...except my hair is NOT red. It's golden brown & I know this because I dyed it that color lol.

So my question is...would you go to the party even though you are not red-headed (even tho thats the point of the party) or would you make up some excuse why you couldnt attend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im sure she is just being a nice consultant. I am a Mary Kay consultant too and its just fun to get people to come to parties. We will do anything to keep our business going. Maybe she did in fact mistake you as a redhead, but was also sayin hey! if you know any red heads bring them along haha. I wouldnt worry if she isnt a MK consultant or not esp if she gave you her card. This could be a great thing for you! And honestly, if you dont want to continue with the parties or be a consultant yourself just say you arent interested and hopefully she is nice enough to leave you alone! haha. Good luck and have fun!! You may get free stuff in the end :)
    Anonymous

• I think I'd just tell the lady that I don't believe that my hair is actually any shade of red, but that I'm still interested in being a model for her Mary Kay party. You can even offer to meet up with her again so she can check out your coloring again.
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 10:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I guess that I am of a suspicious mentality, but I'd be suspicious, especially since she is supposed to be a make up consultant and furthermore needs a red head yet mistook your color for red hair. Something doesn't ring true. If you decide to go, I'd for sure take a couple friends along, telling her that you are going to, or have my husband walk me to the door and then sit in the car, or something. or how about this, she must have shown you some ID? Can you call the Mary Kay organization and ask if she is legit?

Answer by Bmat at 10:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think I would be cautious as well. Especially regarding the hir color and your hair color is not even red?

I would make sure she is with the organization as well.......and never ever EVER give out your own home addres!

Thieves come in all shapes sizes, male female........you just never know.....you could be at her place while they are at yours clearing it out!

A friends neighborhood has a watch and still....late at night people are home invaded, they dont care about dogs or alarms........they are looking for easy things to carry, like flat panel tv's.........they are the hottest items for them lately.

Be wary and I would pass on this time and perhaps ask her to send you an email when she has her next party?

Anonymous

• OP here. She did give me her Mary Kay card & the address of the party is in a good neighborhood. The website on the card also checks out as a legit Mary Kay seller. She also gave me 2 phone numbers & told me i could invite any red-head friends (i have none). I've thought about it being a trap kinda thing, but I'm not too worried about it.

I did have my hair in a ponytail & I do have some reddish tones in my hair. My mom said maybe its because I have the fair skin of a red-head?
    Anonymous

• She just wants to sell you stuff and if not she needs to do a certain number of facials to qualify for prizes. It definitely sounds like she's legit so I wouldn't worry about that, but I would worry about my money.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009