This pregnancy made me NASTY! TMI warning.

Okay when I was pregnant last time I never had any of these issues but this time...I have acne everywhere! My ears always get really waxy. Gross discharge (looks like snot) A treasure trail! My nails break and peel all the time. I take a shower in the morning and by that night my hair is already greasy. I just feel totally disgusting. Am I alone here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i had crazy acne too!! but luckily my hair and nails were great. are you maybe low on a certain vitamin? i hope this gets better for you!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Welcome to Hormone Whirlwind, the ride. You've begun a mad whack roller coaster ride of the female hormone type! Buckle your seatbelt, you've no idea what lies just around the corner!

Seriously. Most of the examples you gave do sound of the hormonal type except maybe the brittle fingernails. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Maybe mention that to your OB. My issues were more of the mood variety. I went from giddy to weepy to po'd in no time flat. Also the sensation of stretching in my pelvis one day when walking down the hall at work was very freaky. Strangely my nose got wider, permananently. I have no idea why, but it happened to my sister also during her pregnancy. My hair got wavier, permanently also. (The only permanent change about my body that I really liked).
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yeah my nose got wider with my son but it went back down. I honestly didn't even realize that til looking back on pics from when he was born. Yes I have prenatal vitamins. I'll talk to my doctor at my next appt about my nails. Thanks. Oh and when I'm laying on my side and turn the stretching pain in my side can catch me off guard sometimes. That does hurt. LOL
    Anonymous

• maybe it means you're having a girl this time since they are so different
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• snot discharge could be part of your mucus plug...i'd get that checked out
    Anonymous

• I'm only 11 weeks! I hope it's not part of the mucus plug!
    Anonymous

• And pookipoo, I hope so...=)
    Anonymous

• I had a super problem with acne also. It went away mostly, but I think is lingering on a bit more due to breastfeeding hormones. And discharge.. I had a lot. Not green... but it was so bad I was changing pantyliners all day long.
    Anonymous

• i had a few zits. my nose goit wider but went back.. the zits stayed lol. They come and go but arent really bad. also i had a sore on my cheek.. of all places MY CHEEK. lt pissed me off so much. It took until i had another baby to actually go away. it stayed there i got pregnant and it was still slowly goin away its gone now and my daughter is 2
    Anonymous

• In the beginning of my pregnancy I had horrible, horrible acne. So bad I ordered Proactive!! It went away somewhere around 3 or 4 months, I think. I know it definitely went away early because I remember having beautiful skin throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Moral of the story, it will go away and you will have that pregnancy glow!!! Good luck.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2009