Vaginal Contriceptive Films

Anyone use these, what is your opinion, as good as condoms? I have a friend that swears by them... Just opinions...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have used them before, in combination with other BC. i am pretty sure they are not nearly as effective as condoms, but it should say in the instructions.
    Anonymous

• on the instrustions it says they are 94% effective, just like any other spermicide...basically VCF is a spermicide in a film form...it "melts" inside you...try the free samples from the website...i personally don't like them because they make me "dry" down there, which makes intercourse uncomfortable but maybe it will be different for you
    Anonymous

• I used them for a while before I got pregnant, obviously lol. We liked them but you have to wait 5-10 mins before doing anything because it takes that long for it to "melt". We used to do all our forplay during that, but if we did oral his tongue would go numb after a while, same thing would happen to me if I went down on him after he'd been inside me. It can also make your guy really dry and start to peel. It is a great thing if you don't mind some of the stuff that comes with it. I never had a problem with being dry when I used it, but everyone is different.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I used to use them all the time never had a problem with them. Just make sure you follow the instructions exactly cause the effectiveness goes down if you don't
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009