?

i worked for a company for 2 years. when i found out i was pregant they made it seem like i could take 3 months off then resume work, its a small company so they were very supportive and understanding. well, my last day of work they gave me a paper on the way out saying they could not hod my job because it was against the law and they "encourage me to re-apply". since then i have seen the owners around and they act like tey do not know me. i was turned down for unemployment because they told the state it was a "voluntary leave of absence" is this legal? what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• contact an employment lawyer

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i believe that is called women discrimination...you do have rights...contact a lawyer immediately
    Anonymous

• yes, contact a lawyer, and if you should need something more affordable please take a look at legal plans(like the ones offered by employers) at www.Plans4ME.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yep lawyer time!
    Anonymous

• Not so fast on the lawyer thing. Everyone is so quick to jump on the lawyer bandwagon. First off, if the business has less than 50 people, FMLA does not apply to you. Your job is not guarenteed by fmla and your not guarenteed medical leave under fmla. If there are less than 15 employees, they are not bound by the pregnancy discrimination act.
    http://life.familyeducation.com/maternity-leave/pregnancy/57441.html
    If this is a very small business that does not qualify for fmla, they aren't required to hold your job.
    Anonymous

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)

lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2009