postpartum

is it possible that just because i got depressed recently after my pregnancy.... well i had the "baby blues" because the fist two weeks i wanted to over work myself by always having the house clean, didnt have an appitite, cried all the time, and didnt want to sleep. It went away after two weeks but i sometimes still cry out of no where... i dont seem to really have a sense of humor any more(its what ppl say anyway)... But I just feel depressed in general... but could it be cauased by having a baby? or could it just be a time in my life where it just happened? I am only happy really when Im around my baby and my boyfriend... but i lost interest in sex even, and I always wanted to have sex b4 i had the baby... and i already accepted on how i look at the moment. I have had delusions the first couple of months after having braeden... had feelings that I was just going to die that I couldnt feel my body like i was far away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• but i never felt like hurting my baby... but i have thought to myself that if i didnt have a baby that i would want to die? but i just dont have any one to talk to. not even my boyfiend because he would put me in a mental ward
    Anonymous

• I would say it sounds like you could likely have depression even if in a mild form. I would definatly talk to your dr and he could put you on something like lexapro which is for mild depression and anxiety. I know how you feel i was the same way. gl :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• it sounds like postpartum depression. you definitely should maybe contact a midwife to talk to about this. most will talk with you free of charge because they are very passionate about helping women
    Anonymous

• Postpartum depression takes many MANY forms. Talk to your doctor. They will be able to tell you what to do.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i feel guilty for being sad because i should be happy i have a beautiful healthy boy... and i always wanted a baby... but i think i got postpartum depression when i realized that breast feeding wasnt going to work and i really really wanted to do it... and it was painful and uncomfortable because i had a c-section... i was sad i couldnt breast feed after the surgery... i just felt like a failure... and my boyfriend was working a lot the first week after so i was a lone alot and that didnt help
    Anonymous

• also try writing in a journal. it really helps. it feels like having someone to talk to gets things off your chest. and you can always msg me if you need someone to talk to :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009