How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Or whenever you shower lol. And what is your routine? It takes me 45 min and no matter what I do I cant seem to shorten it and it frustrates the crap out of me. I just wish I was one of those that can be ready in 20 min. That would be awesome.

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Technically it takes me like half a day...cuz it goes in stages. I get the shower in when I get up but then there is breakfast and getting kids off to school and feedings and diaper changings...so I dry my hair....get dressed.....put makeup on....actually do my hair.....all throughout the morning. If I'm lucky I get it done by lunch!
    JoyB2006

Answer by JoyB2006 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am like you I can do it in 45 but a well done job takes me closer to 1 hour, but that is feeling like I look me best.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• um i tink all of about15 minutes? LOL i take my bath at night, then in the morn i just have to get dressed takes a total of maybe 10 mins..then i brush my hair out sometimes i straighten it..but most days i just brush it ..id love to get dreads..but anywho i dont wear too much makeup i actually just curl my lashes and sometimes wear mascara..but like i said 15-20 minutes..im lucky i guess..i dont have too much to "fix"
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• *think
    naturepeace

• 20minutes for me. I take 10 for the shower and 10 to get dressed
    now thats a typical day for me, i dont wear make-up so i dont have that and My hair is simple to do

If I am going somewhere special I would tack on an extra 20minutes just beause I like to take my time, get dressed, put on make-up, do my hair...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yeah sometimes it can take me half a day too but that just gets tiring to me. so whenever my DD goes down for a nap is when i shower and get ready. but AH i wish i was one of those that could get up really early and get myself ready bc i want that nap time to read or just relax. and i dont get to when i need to get myself ready.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• hmmm im with you also maybe somewhere around 45min
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It takes me about 25 minutes, shower, makeup, getting dressed but when I dry my hair, which most of the time I do it takes me about 45 minutes. My hair is long and thick and takes forever to dry.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• For regular days, about 20 minutes. If dh and I are going out somewhere special, then I'll take an extra 20 minutes or so.

Answer by missanc at 11:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Honestly, I just found a routine that works perfectly for me! and I get ready quick in the mornings now & its ACTUALLY MORNING when I'm ready! I used to wait until my daughter would go down for a nap to shower and get dressed, do make up, hair, etc... but that would interfere with my time to relax or do chores... whatever!

So NOW right after I put my daughter down to bed (at 7:30-8pm) I hop in the shower (10 minutes). Then in the morning before I grab my daughter to get up, I do my hair/makeup (10 minutes)... one bonus of that also is not having to blow dry my hair which definitely saves on more damage being done to my hair.. So Anyway, then I grab my daughter snuggle for a half hour while watching cartoons, eat breakfast, and then we both get dressed. All in all MY getting ready alone is about 30 minutes max. I can hardly beat that doing it any other way!
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 12:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2009