why do people think that putting Christian in front of a sentence makes that thing better??

Example: My mil will say she is a good Christian person. She wouldn't do that...well what if she was a Muslim..she wouldnt say She is a good Muslim person, she would never do that...why is being Christian the better thing or why would you use in the sentence above? It really makes no sense to me..basically what your saying is that other religious people dont come to par...or cant be better then a Christian...Judgemental dont you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Meh... I don't really think about it. Christians can be judgemental and mean sometimes, but that effects me very little, since I'm not Christian and don't have cause to be in contact with many of them.

Just remember that while there are those who brag about being Christian like it makes them better than you, or those who will judge you or put you don't for not being Christian, there are probably 7 others who are understanding and truly know what it means to be Christian... to let their God do the judging and love you for who you are.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I dont know if she's being judgmental. It could just be that with the beliefs of the Christian faith, she is a good Christian in the sense that she follows the rules and such more closely than say another person who claims to be Christian, yet is cheating on her husband.

I hope that made sense though. But I understand what you mean with the question.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i honestly dont know why ppl do that i'm a christian but i dont go around saying i'm this wonderful christian person b/c i'm not i mess up and make mistakes just like the next person but i have God in my life reminding me of my sins and wanting me to obey him......I fear God and want to please him not saying i always do...... ppl just have this outlook on christians and think it means perfection which is soooo far from who i am lol thank you God for loving me and saving me! Just overlook ppl who say that ...you can tell a person by actions..
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• basically what your saying is that other religious people dont come to par...or cant be better then a Christian...Judgemental dont you think?
    -------------------
    No,what we are saying is that nothing can be better than being like Christ. If we didn't believe this, we wouldn't be Christians.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Lexylex, I understand your statement, but just for arguments sake, cant someone of a different religion be God like too? Like a Jew or Muslim person will try to walk the narrow path but they dont make comments like the one above...does that make any sense??

But really I dont know why you would want to be God like...God is on a pedestal...We are human beings, we can NEVER amount to be like God. We should try to follow the word of God and his messangers sent to guide us...

Anonymous

• Oh my.
    Anonymous

• Oh my what? Dont come here to start anything..this is a real question...
    Anonymous

• sound like ur being very judgmental hummm???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I don't understand it either -- just because you're a Christian doesn't make you a good person, and you don't have to be a Christian to be a good person either.

I have lived for 7 months rent free in the basement of a friend of my family's house. He let me live here because I was down on my luck, I was at risk of losing my son to social services, and I really needed the help. When someone asks him who I am, or why I'm living here, or why I don't pay rent, he always says it's because "he's a good Christian." I would think if you were a good Christian, you wouldn't boast about it in that way -- I'm not a Christian myself but I'm pretty sure the Bible says something against that. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY appreciate what he's done for me and I don't know what I would've done without his help, but it makes me feel bad when he says things like that.

But to answer your question, I don't know either. It makes no sense to me.
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 12:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It ties into the idea some people have that if they weren't Christian, they wouldn't be able to control themselves well enough to be good people. If they were Muslim or (gasp) atheist, they would lose all sense of morals and reason and run around like a lunatic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009