Anyone have a tounge piercing?

Ive had mine for 7 years (i got it when i was 16) its really starting to bug me under my tounge and im thinking about ditching it.. Will the hole ever close? Will it get infected if i take it out for good?.. Thanks ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP ~ I would ask a good tatoo/piercing store in your area for their advice. I bet they would know. If they can't answer you, then call other's until you get an answer. We have an awesome store here in Fredericksburg, VA, called the Golden Monkey and the owner is extremely knowlegeable about all those things. I took my 18 year old daughter there for her naval piercing as her birthday present and she got the best of care and he took time to talk with me even though she was an adult.
    My only worry is that if it doesn't close and food and bacteria build up in the open hole you could either get an infection or it could smell bad. You will want to buy yourself the best mouthwash available for fighting bacteria and swish with it after each time you eat, forcing it through the hole in your tongue. Try to find a mouthwash without alcohol, though.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I got rid of mine when I was 21. The hole is closed, but I have some weird scar tissue underneath my tongue. Nobody can see it, though so it isn't a big deal.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i have had mine sine i was 16 as well and took it out when i got prego with my son at 19 when i was 21 i wanted it back and go figure the hole did not close and it never got infected. the stud went right in no problem. i still have mine in and once in a while will not want it anymore and a few mts later will put it back in,
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i got mine when i was 18 and i still have it so i dont know :] good question though
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• After a while I'm sure it will close up but reallys who's going to notice a hole there anyway. And if it isn't infected now why would it be when you take it out. I've had mine since like april and I like it no problems so far.
    Anonymous

• Dentists hate tongue piercings because they ruin teeth and the roof of your mouth. Doctors aren't happy with most piercings. Tongue pierecings look very very odd and reminds me of jungle tribes, really. I can think of better ways to spend money. That would be a big waste---
    Anonymous

• OP here.. Like i said i was 16 when i had it done, i forged my parents signature and it was done at a friends house and i didnt pay any thing for it ... I dont care about the apperance of the hole being there cause like someone said whos going to notice (not many notice i even have it now) im just afraid, iv had it for so long im so use to it sometimes i forget its still there, the barbell i have in it now the ball have made a dent in my tounge so you can see where the ball sits, im afraid when i take it out and leave it out that maybe food will get stuck in it maybe?.. Right now the bottom of my tounge gets really irritated and so does the inside of my mouth at the bottom..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I got mine at 18 and had it for a year. lost one of the balls so it ook it out and the hole was closed in less than 24 hours. i want it back now
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• food wont go in there i had mine in for 4 years when i took mine out then when i put it back in it was like it was never out. mine gets irritated too sometime i just use mouthwash and it helps
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I took mine out when I got pregnant. Not sure why I did? Anyway, I can still see the hole where it was peirced but cant get the toungue ring thru. Im sure if I pushed really really hard it would go thru. And no it never got infected since ive had it out.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009