My husband has been written up twice at work, but his manager is a huge dou**e... and i couldn't wake him up in time and he is gonna be 5 mins late to work........ (READ)

Basically by hubby has caught his DH (department head/manager) doing some stuff he shouldn't and has it out for hubby, who is trying to work his way up in the company and get raises, etc.
So this guy has written my hubby up twice, and he is gonna be like 5 mins late tonight (compared to the other loser he works with that is more than punctual, if in fact his coworkers even show up!) so it will probably happen AGAIN! Hubby's review is coming up for a raise and those write ups will look bad.
The store manager knows hubby and really likes him and his DH before loved him, and basically everyone loves him but this guy. The store manager knows hubby isn't a P.O.S. so I don't think the write ups will make a difference really, b/c as long as hubby (in a non-high school way) tells the SM what's up it'll be dandy...
plus he might be up to take this DH's place... hmmmm... what do ya'll think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Is the douches name Rito? LOL Sorry, I knew a guy that sounds just like this 'supervisor' you're talking about. I would say that he needs to file a grievance with HR - he can dispute those write-ups.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think your husband is grown man and you shouldn't have to be waking him up for work. He should get to work on time, if he can't manage that he shouldn't get a promotion.
    Anonymous

• Just hope he makes it there on time. I hope he gets all green lights!

But, if everyone else likes him but this one guy, and the other heads know how your hubby really is, I think your hubby will be fine, but dont push it. The DH could get really annoyed and fire him one day. Good Luck! Hope he gets the raise!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• the DH has no power to fire. I told hubby i am NOT his alarm clock and he needs to be responsible for himself...
    hubby is a great employee, that's the thing! he is (well now almost!) ALWAYS on time or early for work and continually picks up people's shifts when they call in sick or ditch work. he works harder than his coworkers (hubby and another guy do most of the work b/c the other people really could care less, but he and the other guy need the job and are FAR from lazy!)
    So to 9:40 anon, he is a punctual person, and everyone has their days where they are a few mins late to work or have to call in sick or something... its called life, and you can't tell me that you are perfect.
    Anonymous

• Everyone has there five minutes late but to have to have your wife wake you up for work is wrong. He's needs to get up on his own and get to work on time.

Caitlin10081989

Answer by Caitlin10081989 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh do I hate having to be responsible for a man getting to work on time!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• So to 9:40 anon, he is a punctual person, and everyone has their days where they are a few mins late to work or have to call in sick or something... its called life, and you can't tell me that you are perfect.

---------------------

Now a days you have to more punctual than ever at work or at least be there several minutes before hand.  Employees have to be perfect in order to keep their jobs and stand out from the rest.  So, I'm sure his being written up will not look good over someone that hasn't been written up. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• If he called his boss ahead of time and said " I am not sure but there is a chance I'll be 5 minutes late." and gave him a heads up he should be fine. Just wandering in late with no excuse will probably get him in trouble.
    Anonymous