What was your wedding like and your wedding dress? How involved was your then fiance in the planning?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 11:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• My wedding was small and only close family was there. I wore an empire wasted dress with long split sleeves and only a little bit of trim. It was kind of a juliet style dress, nothing big. Neither myself or DH were very involved in planning the wedding. I gave my sisters some ideas of what I wanted, told my maid of honor, and DH's best woman what color dress to buy (green and blue respectively) and called that good enough. My sisters and mother managed everything as I was 300 miles away and in college. It was still a pretty damn good wedding overall, I just had to show up and help out a bit a couple days before.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I bought a simple white dress with spaghetti straps and planned our wedding online in a hour. We went to Hawaii and got married on a beach at sunset in Maui. I loved my wedding!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My wedding was on a beach and i absolutely LOVE my wedding dress. Simple, semi-traditional and just gorgeous. DH was not a part in the planning at all really. i did almost everything myself. He paid for it all though. ...he only did the ceremony for me. He would've been perfectly content going to the courthouse, ...but i wanted a little something more. :) Oh. and he was in Korea at the time too, so ...not much he could've helped with anyways.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We had a pretty simple wedding, hubby and I planned the whole thing while we were working setup one night, he wrote while I talked. After the planning he didn't do much because my parents were paying for all of it, so I just had to go place orders and hand over mom's checks. Wedding dress was simple A-line dress that my mom made for me, I loved it.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My DH was pretty helpful with the planning..My dress was a strapless with red trim and beautiful bead work. We were planning a small wedding because we were short on cash, but my family was more helpful than expected. He helped pick out tuxes, the cake, he actually designed his groom cake. It was so beautiful.. i wouldn't change any detail.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2009