Do you have a hard time eating at potlucks?

The other question made me think of this. I never eat anything at potlucks unless I know who made it or if it's store bought. Am I rude or weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I also hate buffets. The same people who are smearing shit on the bathroom walls, are touching the spoons and handling the food. Old men who have snot dangling out of their noses, just waiting to fall on some unlucky piece of fried chicken, that is moist from the sweating of the pan.

I agree with not caring much for potlucks either, especially when I know how clean/dirty they are.
    Mostly I hate them because there is a handfull of people who's food I trust will taste good, and be fully cooked for that matter.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• No your not weird..I do the same thing.. if you dont know the cleanliness of the person or even the home I wouldnt eat it either...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We're always havin potlucks at work and I never have a problem eating! But then again I'm a pig!
    Anonymous

• Nah, I fiugre the germs just help keep my immuse system up and running.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have an egg allergy which is in EVERYTHING so yes its hard for me to eat at potlucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• its normal...jmo
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Nope, I figure if I can eat out in a restaurant then I can eat food from a potluck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My mother hates buffets - this is before swine flu - and people grabbing the handles, and she has to grab the handle kills her. when she goes out after church it kills her when she goes like a lamb to slaughter to a buffet. She will get a baked potato, and put on the toppings. I have eaten at pot lucks and had a good time and never got sick. I like to know who made what though!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I too sometimes have issues with potlucks. Now if it's with our close friends, then I will eat anything they have cooked. But if it is with people I don't know, probably not unless i know its safe. Like if someone bought a store bought dessert or something then yes i would eat it. But like meats and such I don't know if they thawed it on their counter for hours, or if it was cooked properly, and i don't know the condition of their kitchen and their personal hygiene. But I don't eat much at potlucks anyway since i am on a low fat, low sodium, non dairy diet lol. I just eat what I take, or fruit lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Nope. No issues.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 1:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009