What do you do when your feeding your baby a bottle and she/he wants to talk to you and eat at the same time?

nekkyoo

Asked by nekkyoo at 12:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Haha my 5 month old dose the same thing, she was trying to talk and drink so much she would choke on her formula so anytime she started talking I would take it out of her month and we would talk for a minute then she would get mad that I took it away and id give it back. She has cut down on the talking during feeding now and waits until after to talk to me.
    purplecraze579

Answer by purplecraze579 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• lol it dont last forever so enjoy it while u can...... when my two did that i would just try my best not to make eye contact lol....
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Talk to him and feed him at the same time! Let him experiment with finding his voice, and bond with him while you hold and feed him. He doesn't have to suck the bottle dry just because it's there -- I let my guy talk as much as he wants. :]
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 12:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my son never does this. he means business when he has his bottles. but solids are a different story. he talks most of the time and starts playing with the food spitting it out, and then a minute later wants more. i try to just be patient and talk to him and let him talk, hes very very vocal and what ya gonna do anyway. on the rare occasion my son gets distracted (more so now that hes 6 months old) while drinking, he will start craning his head backwards to see, so i take the bottle out until he realizes thats what he wants and then he grabs it back.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think it's cute.. I like when my daughter gets mad the solid food is gone, and she "swears" at me while sucking on her bottle. She'll be a year on Sunday! No real words yet, but she can yell..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2009