Why am I suddenly unhappy about being pregnant?

We definitely planned this pregnancy, our first. We've always had a strong relationship. No financial problems, own a very nice home and cars, I work at home, so we've got a perfect set up. I get these "waves" of sadness where I don't want to be pregnant any more and I want to run away and never see my partner again. I'm only in my first trimester. Is this normal? Am I going to feel horrible and disappointed forever? I think I made a mistake and I shouldn't have this baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• girl its just hormones relax
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i agree it has to be the hormones.just think about when you get to see, hold n kiss your lil one.andthink of the reasons why you wanted your baby from the get go.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• hormones but i would talk to ur doc about it they may be able to give u some meds also keep an eye out for ppd later down the road
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• SweetiePie is absolutely correct!! I was the same way in the beginning of my pregnacy. I felt like I made a huge mistake, didn't want my husband to touch me, talk to me....it went away. It's just horomones. I promise.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• OMG I felt the same exact way. We wanted a child SOOOOO bad, but once I was pregnant it was like... wow... this is it. No going back. I felt trapped and scared. I was worried I wasn't up to the responsibility. It's a big thing, motherhood! And it IS scary and it IS overwhelming. But I guarantee you. once you settle into the knowledge tha tyou're going to be a mother, and especially once you ahve your baby, you will be so grateful. I am so thankful every day for my daughter. Motherhood is the most wonderful thing in the world.

I know it's scary, but you're going to do just fine.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• oh yeah its the hormones!!!! i could not stand my husband w/ my first pregnancy i mean i felt sick when i looked at him lol (poor hubby) and we have been together forever and so in love so dont sweat it i felt completely diff w/ my 2nd tho....its weird lol
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• same here.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2009