im really nervous about sending my son to pre-school...

anytime i leave the house my son starts screaming because he wants to go with me. this makes me think about how much he will freak out when i leave him at pre-school. im getting nervous because he's almost 3 and i'll be sending him to pre-school SOON! anyone have any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope my son is the same way but recently he has been asking to go to school is there like a play group u can take him to just to get him used to the idea
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• There are two great books: Owl Babies (deals with separation anxiety) and Maisy Goes To Preschool (totally talks up how fun it is).

Practice with him: when you're home play with him and then tell him you have to go do something, go into another part of the house for a minute or two then come back and praise him for being good. Gradually extend the amount of time you're gone. When someone else is home with you, go for a brief walk and come back.

He'll be fine. Most kids express separation anxiety when going to pre-school but the teachers will help you with that and you'll both be fine.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 12:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009