TONIGHT I WAS TALKING TO A FRIEND AND WE AGREED THE TEENAGERS OF TODAY HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS ...WHY IS THIS.. PARENTS BUY SNEAKERS FOR THEM BEFORE THEY PAY MORTAGAGE... WHY

KIDS ARE MORE DISTURBED TODAY.... KIDS KILLING THEIR WHO FAMILIES, KIDS JOINING GANGS AND DOING HEDIOUS CRIMES... IT IS LIKE IF YOU RAISE GOOD KIDS YOU ARE LUCKY..KIDS ARE NOT KEEPING FRIENDSHIPS.. WHY IS MATERIAL THINGS ONLY BRINGING HAPPINESS.. WHY ARE KIDS LEAVING HOME AT 16 CAUSE THEY CAN NOT STAND TOUT RULES IN THEIR PARENTS HOUSE, MOVING IN WITH A GUY.OR GIRL. WHO IS ABUSING THEM.. I AM JUST CONFUSED.... ANSWER ME THIS

babekids06

Asked by babekids06 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i think you ar ejust around too much of that bc i am 19 never troublemaker neither were my friends.. i didnt have out with "gangs" or badd people. i treat parents with respect when i had a job i helped parents out. if they needed it. BUT i do get what your saying like in the projects ull see a 300 C riding on the best rims ever and their rent is about 30$ a month and the car is 200$ and they only have a few grociers in the fridge.. lol NOW that confuses me. but some people do need help..
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• This is not something new, all of this happened long ago you just didnt hear about it as often, you have to remember in previous generations it was common to hide the bad things and pretend that life was perfect. Nowadays we just talk about it more and we have the internet lol so you hear about all the weird things going on that 30 years ago you wouldnt hear about.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think there are so many out of control teenagers, because of lack of parenting. A lot of teenagers come home to empty houses. The family values have decreased, even simple quality time of a family sitting around the table is rare. Money seems to be the root of evil at times. Dealers showing teenagers the fast easy life of making money through drug selling. For some the absence of a father figure, is a major issue. For some the absence of both parents and being raised by grandparents who are trying to do the best they can. It seems there is just no regard for life , because the feeling of love was never taught from the beginning. For some this is a vicious cycle that so needs to end. Getting children involved in sports or different activities supporting and just being there makes a huge difference in a child's life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I do think that parenting styles these days are more varied and the result of that for some families is detrimental to the family unit and the support it can provide...the sense of belonging...a haven from a heartless world...the things (morals, values) that are truly important. Our children are exposed to others who have been parented differently every day, and see perhaps the confusion of not having a place to feel safe when so much in the world is frightening...they look for it in material things, drugs, destructive and risky behavior, depression, suicide...they do not know where else to turn!
    Also, our culture now tends to idolize those who have much in the material sense, but not the moral sense. It all looks so easy to them because celebrities seem to be born overnight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I personally believe that its because we treat teens as children instead of Young Adults who are responsible and mature. A person becomes what you expect! Like they said in the movie Prince Caspian "If you get treated like a stupid animal long enough, you become one."

100 years ago, a 17 year old was considered grown and capable of making their own decisions. Now we have people saying a 21 year old is still too much of a 'child' to have a child and excusing their behavior. They are confused by those boundaries. They can't do anything on their own, but yet if they do get into legal trouble they are tried as adults even when they are as young as age 9.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• IT seems like you are just around parents that do everything for their kids and don't teach them responsibility, respect, etc. Maybe if we stopped babying our kids and start treating them with respect, it would change things. Also, some parents need to DISCIPLINE their children. The children shouldn't be making the decisions but the parents should be. Children need chores, consequences and the chance to make and learn from mistakes. Parents need to stop bailing their kids out of trouble and let the teachers teach and control their own classroom. If a child is failing because they are not doing what is expected, the parents need to stop blaming the schools and the teachers and blame themselves or their children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i am 20....i listened to my parents....i have had sex with 2 guys and im married to one of them.....i was severely depressed for alot of my teenage years and got into drugs but my parents knew about it and put me in rehab.....they never put fashion needs before bills and they respected all my mistakes becuase you have to learn from them to grow.....i have since stopped using drug(3 years sober) and i have my depression under control....i find it ridiculous parents who spoil their children and dont give then any rules....but there are alot of things kids can do that their parents will never find out about it....sneaky....but not every parent is the way you are making them seem
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Many parents these days have problems with their children because, yes, I'm gonna use the excuse again, it's a different generation. All I can say is that it's cool to be in gangs, cults or other things to make certain you feel protected, or safe. It could be that they don't feel appreciated much at home, which I'm not sure if any teen is. They are simply looking to be accepted, loved and the center of attention. They are growing up in a very scary world right now and need guidance, but also their freedom that they crave. Anyone who knows how to balance out these two things is a genius.
    RWhite0608

Answer by RWhite0608 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I've never bought any of my kids a pair of shoes that cost more then $20. Maybe that's why we all still get along so well!
    Anonymous