would you freak out??

my son goes to his dad's/grandparents house EVERY weekend. and last weekend he went over there.. they called me the next morning (i was sleeping, so they left a voicemail) and said they were on their way to get his hair cut, and if i had a problem with it i could call them. (first of all, why would they wait until they are already ON THEIR WAY THERE to call me?!!) I CLEARLY told my son's dad I wanted to grow our sons hair out a month before this and he agreed! anyway, when i woke up i called my son's father and he said his parents got our sons hair cut already. without my permission. I WAS FURIOUS!! would anyone else be pissed about this????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• presonally i would not if my ex wants to pay for him to get his haricut then go for it. plus my son freaks when he gets his haircut so less stress for me. but if i had specifically asked him not to and they did then i would be upset but its only hair it does grow back nothing to freak out too much over. my hubbys ex wanted to grow my ss hair out and he looked like a girl it was so long so i went and got it cut so he looked like a boy she freaked on my and totally over reacted but if she wants her kid to get made fun of in school cuz he looks like a girl then more power to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yes! i would flip. you should tell them how you feel that you think they should have waited to get your opinionon getting his hair cut.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I want to grw out my kids hair so I understand, I would be upset, and I don't think that you should ever cut someone else's kids hair, ahem pp, but at the end of the day it is only hair and it will grow out again, so I would let it go, there are more important things to get worked up over
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• tell the grandparents and your ex you want to grow out his hair so to not cut it.if they dont respect your wishes then you need to tell your ex to say something because thats disrespectful being thats your child not the grandparents.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• in hindisght years later as a mom who didn't get her toddler son's hair cut for the first time, until he was over 15 months old - it's just hair it grows back.

If this was your son's first hair cut I understand you wanted the excitement of being with ds. If there's anything that in the realm of grandparents versus parents that really not bad at all, it's a grandparent getting a toddler son a haircut.

Even if it's a buzz cut or styled as a mohawk, it's hair. It grows back. Now parents telling a grandchild that grandchild's gonna go to Disneyworld and see Mickey Mouse that's a battle to battle to the deaths about!

Your ds hair will grow, but make it clear directly to them that you are the mom and you need to know before they do anything more than play with grandson where they are and why. Tell the grandparents its because ds gets overtired very easy and you need to be able to understand your son's moods.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• meant ...
    Now GRANDparents telling a grandchild that grandma/grandpa is going to take grandchild to Disney World and see Mickey Mouse etc. that's a defnite battle. Been there done that.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I went through this arguement with ex-MIL about my daughter. I am not superstitous by nature but I do not believe in cutting a childs hair until they are a year old. She was constantly after me about my daughter's hair being in her eyes. She told me I was going to make her go blind and that she was going to take her to the hairdresser one day while I was at work and I'd just have to come home and deal with it. I assured her that if she cut so much as one hair that I would come into her room in the middle of the night and shave her bald. I must have been pretty convincing because she never did it. I wasn't kidding. All of the women in my family have long hair. Not a religious thing, just a family thing.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• it is to late now so don't worry about it...make some rules before hand so that it doesn't happen again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It sounds like it's not so much the haircut that bothers you but rather that your ex and his folks did something without consulting you first. I think THAT is the issue that needs to be addressed.

When you're calm, discuss it with your ex. Let him know that in the future if he wants to do something with your son different than what you've told him, that it's important to talk about it first and with a little more notice than he gave you. Be sure to let him know that THAT is what upset you, not the fact that he got his hair cut.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 12:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• it is what it is......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2009