Should I report this?!

Saw ex-friend at a gas station today...had her almost two year old son with her...left him in the car while she went inside, out of sight, for close to ten minutes, in the ice cold wind with the window open part way....AND....he was in his car seat, FORWARD facing in the FRONT seat!!!!! I was about to call and report her.....but didn't....is it too late to report now? Would you report someone for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would call her and maybe give her a warning and if u saw it again then i would call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• no..i'm sure she could see the child from inside. i've left mine inside while i went into the gas station to pay. sometimes it takes longer than anticipated. as long as the window is open a bit for air to get in, and the door is locked (with mom having the keys, of course)..i'm sure the toddler was fine.
    as for the forward-facing front seat carseat..why not just call her and tell her that's not appropriate? its nothing to get reported for. it sounds like you are just looking for something to cause trouble for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I agree, talk to her. Hand her recent newspaper articles on child abduction before you say anything, let her glance at them, then after that tell her your concerns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• OP here.....the window was open and there was a FREEZING wind blowing. And she was parked around the side of the building. Entrance/windows are on the front side...so she couldn't see him at all. And the doors on her car don't lock.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• sounds like u want to report her anyways why ask for advice when u have already made up ur mind seriously call her if u have the balls to try and get her kid taken away then u have the balls to call her and tell her ur concerns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I would just talk to her and I would NEVER EVER leave my children in the car regardless if I can see them or not from where I am standing. You never know what the hell can happen. There was this person in California where they left the 2 kids in the car just to run in somewhere and the car was jacked with the kids and the guy who took it dropped the kids off miles away from where their parents were. Talk to her and let her know even without the keys they can still take the car and the kid!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• No need to say anything rude. Maybe she really IS asking for advice. Geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• You know how women on here are...
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thank you Michele068....for a KIND response giving me some genuine advice on the situation. I don't have any hateful feelings towards this girl. I haven't spoken to her in a very long time. She ended our friendship over something petty. I have no need for revenge or to try and get back at her....I was legitimately concerned and scared for her son...and honestly, somewhat shocked at her for it, figuring she'd know better. That's all. Just wanted some advice. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• we all gave u advice just not the advice u wanted to hear if u already know the answer to what ur gonna do dont ask the question. cuz then ur gonna get mad when ppl dont agree with u. makes sense to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2009