Is anyone else worried about Christmas already?

As far as money goes I mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Holidays

• oh man. i am.. for me to afford I need to start buying like NOW!
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yep were super broke 3 kids and i have been off work for 2 mts for maternity leave
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• cafe mom has some groups devoted to christmas, and there are groups that help with christmas. search cafe mom for groups and enter christmas. love you, and good luck!!!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• We're just going to cut back - a loving, serene Christmas with the ones you love is a good Christmas.But we don't have little kids - I remember the slim years when the kids were little - oh they tear you up with stress, worry and fret.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes, I know I am, but I worry every year and the kids end up loving what they get and the time we spend together anyway lol. This year, I am hoping to buy the boys a Playstation 3 and 2 games as their gift from Santa. My daughter will get 4 different Polly Pocket things from Santa. I have those on layaway, and have $150 to go toward the Playstation 3 already so I'm good on that. Then I just need to get them one gift from us each, which will be something inexpensive this year. I'm thinking a tea set for my daughter, and a soccer goal set for my boys, with a new soccer ball and basketball too. Then just stocking stuffers, but those get expensive. Our BX on base has a great thing, on Thanksgiving morning and the 3 days after Thanksgiving, they give $20 gift cards to the first 200 customers so me and a friend go up there at like 2am and sit in line til they open at 6 lol. That's $80, can't pass that up lol! I don't know where...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am going to get the extra $250 for the Playstation 3 and games, but that $80 will cover the soccer goals and soccer ball/basketball at least!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes!
    I sell Avon, so I get a good discount on that, but it just sneaks up on you!
    Last year I ended up one of "those" people running around Christmas Eve like a crazy person!! lol
    When you live in the SW its hard to tell that Christmas is coming! You dont really have those daily reminders like snow and freezing cold weather!
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Christmas is definately on my mind already. I am pregnant for the first time and about to deliver any day now...so being on maternity leave/SDI really barely pays the bills...but it does do that at least. Luckily I have my husband to help with the slack...I am just praying that I can have a beautifully decorated home and some close friends and family over to celebrate with my new bundle of joy, for his very first Christmas...presents of course will be a plus if i am able to afford them...otherwise a wonderful meal and the Holiday spirit will be just fine with me!
    BeautyBaby

Answer by BeautyBaby at 3:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm thinking I'm loving it. There will be less shoppers and less traffic to deal with.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm already sick of christmas. Only because all the stores already have stuff out since the end of August.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009