Have you completely started your life over?

Sunday both me and my husband are moving out to separate places. Soon we will divorce. I start a new job on Monday. I am losing my 2 pugs that I love like children bc I can't take them to where I am going. I feel like I wasted the last 5 years of my life. But I did get my son out of it. So it's not really a waste. I just feel like I don't know who I am anymore. This job is something I never ever considered even though I am really excited about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• its a good time to reinvent urself and find out who u r again so may times when we become involved in bad relationships we change a lot of who we used to be and now u r free to do new things and learn what ever it is u want. its an opportunity to spice things up a bit. its not all bad u have ur son and a new journey ahead of u,
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• You have a do over!

Two years ago my 19 yo son and I were homeless, living in a tent in Indiana. I had lost my Medicaid and doctors gave me months to live without my meds. Our car died. My son had a job he didn't like at Subway.

Now we live in Tucson. I have Medicaid and am getting all my meds and am doing well. My 21 yo son just bought a house with a pool and I am living with him. He has a good paying job he likes and is going to community college. We have a minivan that is paid off. We even have 2 dogs and 3 cats. Soon he will get a $8000 tax credit check for the first time homebuyer.

We would have never predictated these changes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• pp how is it do u become homeless what were u spending ur money on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• When a relationship falls apart and life seems to turn upside down, often people don't take the time to evaluate what has happened. The very best thing you can do for yourself and your son is to remember that even though everything around you looks different, you are still the same you. The good news is that you have the opportunity to learn some valuable lessons from the things that have happened and are going to happen and to become better, stronger, more capable because of what you have been through. It takes some real strength of character and lots of determination. I am sure you can do it!
    SharonFuhrman

Answer by SharonFuhrman at 2:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009