Has anyone had bad luck from getting a tattoo representing your SO?

Several people have told me to not get any tattoos that have anything to do with DH because it's bad luck lol. Now normally I'm not superstitious, but they gave examples of people that I know (or know of, if they were celebs, like Pam Anderson) and now I'm hesitant lol. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone out there has experienced anything like that happening (like you get the tattoo and eventually split up or have tons of problems, etc.). Silly, I know lol. It's kinda late and I'm bored and curious, though.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't get something with my husband's name. The only reason I wouldn't is because I think names in tattoos are tacky, personally. I WOULD get something that represents him, though. Even if we break up or he dies or whatever, he will always be a special part of my life and he will always have a special place in my heart. The same reasons I would get something symbolizing my daughter. I guess that it depends, though... if you expect that a breakup would be nasty and you'd hate each other afterwards, then don't get it. But if you're like me and think that you could break up amicably, then it's not a bad idea.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have not but when i went to get my sons name on me the artist refused to tat it cuz he thought it was a guys name that i was dating and i wanted it on my wrist and in pretty big lettering...one of my freinds got her bf's name on her hip and 2 mts later he cheated on her and they broke up and they were on there way to marriage
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have always heard it happens that way, I didnt really believe it till my ex got my name on him and it went bad very quickly afterwards.

Everyone i know who has tattoos all agree you never put your SO's name on you its just bad luck to do so.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• OP here: Just in case someone mistakes what I'm asking, I'm not talking about names or pictures or our wedding stuff or anything like that, I just want like a bat or something (his initials are BAT), or a symbol that's special to me that reminds me of him or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh, just saw that I have answers after I added that lol. Anyway, thanks for answering!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I honestly think it depends on the couple my inlaws have a tat for each other and they have been married for 29 years. Hubby and I are planning to do the same - to us we love eachother that much and are sure that some ink won't curse us (although we are getting them so IF GOD FORBID something did happen we can get them easily covered, but I have no worries there and neither does he.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• No, I haven't, but my FIL has a tat of his >>EX<< wife's name on his arm if that says anything. LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh, no names. lol. I think a Bat will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My ex.....lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• got my X's name and my sons name on the same day....we'd been together for 3 years...we broke up 2 weeks later!!! WTF!! lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009