What can you do for yeast infections in young girls? I have a ten year old who has one. I don't want to do the cream since it burns badly. Any other things I could do for her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• candida clense. i have had one yeast infection and the cream i used that the doc gave me didnt burn
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i would ask her pedi if a cream would even be safe for her...make sure she stays dry and clean and keep clean cotton panties on her....make sure she dries really well after bath, and make sure your tub is very clean. They must have something for young girls to use, b/c I've heard of babies getting yeast infections also...good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• feed her yogurt with active yeast cultures,(one or 2 cups a day) it will balance out the normal flora in her body and dont let her take bubble baths if you do, they often cause yeast infections in little girls. Also, if you get her in the yogurt habit now, she will eat it all her life and its good for her. (will help keep her from getting them later)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'll second the yogurt, it is awesome for yeast infections. I have never heard of the creams burning before, you can ask her ped for a cream, we used to get one for my daughter and it worked fast and she always seemed very relieved when we put it on, once she was old enough she figured out that the cream made her feel better and would bring it to me when she would start to hurt. i have heard of doctors saying to use monistat on the outside for young children but like anything ask your doctor or the nurse first just to make sure.

with my niece my SIL didnt let her add bubbles to her bath she had to take just a plain water bath, personally i showered my daughter because i figured if sitting in bubbles hurt her sitting in soap might also.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Take her to the doctor and have them write out and Rx for the pill. There is a pill that will cure most yeast infections with in a week. You just take one one time. Then give her yogurt and it should be gone. Make sure after showering she dries the area well and using a blow dryer on it helps as well.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• If its not too bad, you can get AZO's yeast infection pills in the same aisle you would get Monistat. Its all natural and can be used along with the creams.
    I will take those if I ever feel like I might be getting one. I hate the creams :p
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• think you ar

There is a pill that will cure most yeast infections with in a week. You just take one one time. Then give her yogurt and it should be gone. Make sure after showering she dries the area well and using a blow dryer on it helps as well.

I think you are referring to Diflucan.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• She needs to be seen by a doctor and prescribed something for a child, not an adult.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Is the monistat cream to strong? Drink lots of water...Then give her a sitz bath with some vinegar and baking soda in it.. keep her clean and dry..and have her sleep with no bottoms on. Do not allow her to take like bubble baths or perfumed soaps. We use a soap with tea tree oil in it that is an anti-fungal so I do not even know what is out there anymore. Call the Dr. if that does not help.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 4:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• YOGURT YOGURT YOGURT
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009