Do you make any homemade gifts?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Holidays

• I found this really cute site: www.the-best-homemade-gift-ideas.com

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh and to answer the quesiton, YES I do!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love making homemade gifts! I use lavender and roses to make dried bouquets, rice packs, mixes in a jar, I love putting together gift baskets, blankets, clothes...the list goes on there are so many things you can make at home that cost very little. It makes it so much easier during holidays or other events when your short on money.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes I like making homemade gifts. I especially love doing food gifts, like cocoa mixes, bread mixes, even soup mixes, in a pretty glass jar with ribbon decorations on it. Another thing i like to do is take a nice photo of my kids, buy a white wood picture frame, and let the kids paint and decorate the frame to send to Grandma and Nannie. They always love it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love gift baskets. My sister loves Victoria's Secret, so I would go in every few weeks and just check out what they have on clearance/sale. By the time it was Christmas I had a ton of stuff to put in a basket... I have an awesome dollar store by me that has really cute baskets! Get some pink and black tissue paper and the gift basket plastic cover (also @ the dollar store) and Wah-La you have a super cute basket that didnt cost very much with your personal touch added to it!
    Ive also done that for wedding showers (cook books w/ the ingredients for my fave dishes) and Baby showers.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes. I make homemade gifts, I prefer them then really expensive gifts. I normally make something that is practical like food. Breads, hot chocolate, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I do gift baskets and I make cookie baskets (out of real cookies) and fill them with lots' of cookies...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• How do you make cookie baskets??!! Wow you ladies impress me. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2009