endometriosis?

After sex, I usually have bad cramps and/or mild spotting.
My period cramps are so bad it hurts to walk.

When I brought it up to my gyno she said there really wasn't anyway to be sure.

Does it sound like endometriosis to anyone who has it?

rileysmommy811

Asked by rileysmommy811 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

• When was your last pap? And your gyn is not giving you all the info you need...... Ask for an ultrasound, they can tell a lot more from that. Also, if it has been awhile since your last pap, get one, it could also be early cervical dysplagia (or HPV) And if your gyn wont do these things for you, find a new one.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 3:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i agree w/ supermom... you need to find out wats up.. i've had endometriosis since i was like 11 or 12 and there are ways to find out if that is wat it is...if it is there are meds you can get on to take the edge of the painful cramps... if your gyno won't run any tests you really need to see someone else... this kinda of stuff is something you don't want to mess w/ i should know i think it's making me sterile!! my hubby and i have been ttc now for almost four years!! i would check very soon if i were you!!! good luck you'll be in my prayers!!! <3
    NOWLIN8408

Answer by NOWLIN8408 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Seek a second opinion.  I don't like the way the doctor told you that is no way to be sure.  You can have a laparoscopy which is a very minor surgical procedure and you are home the same day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I got a formal diagnosis of stage 3 endo only after a laparoscopy. There were no symptoms, or very little, in my case. If you're already in pain, you might really be good candidate for surgery. It's not bad at all. The worst was getting rid of the excess gas afterward.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009