has anyone ever heard of this?

i went to the hospital wensday in pain they kept me until yesterday and said that the pain is caused from the baby sliding into the birth canal. But they cant induce me becuase my cervix isnt open yet. I am 2 cm dilated though and i have to be in this pain until he comes out which could be this week or next. Has anyone ever heard of this?

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not sure where your pain is, but yes usually the last few weeks of my pregnancies I was miserable, in pain, had lots of contractions etc...Baby could be on a nerve etc...

Hang in there !!!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Unless there is a risk to the baby, or the baby tries to come out before your body is ready, they won't try anything to move along the progress. A lot of pregnancies are like this. The futher along you get, the more in position the baby gets, and the more pain the mother is in. Did they give you anything for pain or give you any tips to relieve the pain?
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I had that kind of pain but mine was just more uncomfortable then anything i got to the point where i was walking almost with my legs apart because i swear i could feel him right there even though i wasn't open yet or my water hadn't broken he was 3 days past his due date!! good luck rest as much as possible
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Engaging.
    Sorry that you are so uncomfortable. :-( Can you try a prenatal swimming or yoga class to help ease the discomfort?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• sorry you are uncomfortable but it is definitely best to wait. for baby's sake. hang in there hon!
    Anonymous

• It is possible that your cervix hasn't opened to let the baby pass deep into the birth canal. It is possible for the baby to be head down and you dialating without your cervix softening to let the baby in properly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009