Just wondering what if you were exercise and were pregnant can you miscarry?

I do 40 mins of walking and jogging and exercise like jumping jacks and crunches and ect thanks for the answers ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oops meant EXERCISING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• The walking and jogging (until a certain point) are actually good for you. I would avoid crunches and jumping jacks, but lower impact cardio stuff is actually recommended. Perhaps you can start swimming if you feel you will really miss the time spent doing other activities.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• First trimester all that stuff should be ok, but once you get into the second and third, you need to be more careful, not to mention that stuff probably just isn't comfy! I have heard of people jogging or running, but I'd make sure the doc is ok with that. If you've done it a long time prior to the pregnancy it might be ok, but ask first. Otherwise, you can probably find pregnancy exercise books or videos that will give you ideas of how to stay active without getting hurt or hurting your baby. But exercise is definitely still encouraged during pregnancy and shouldn't cause any complications with your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• If your body is used to excercising, then you should have no problem. You obviously don't want to do high-impact, but walking or low-pace treadmill should be fine. By the way, once you get into your second tri-mester, you'll be so damn tired, you'll probably say the hell w/ it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• well obviously you'll want to ask your OB, but its great that your exercising!! It will help you a lot during labor! And I completely disagree with the person that said you will be exhausted during the second trimester, usually your first and last trimesters are the worst. Second trimester is a great time to enjoy your pregnancy. Anyway I think walking and light jogging will be fine. Jumping jacks will probably have to stop and crunches too. After awhile I think those things will pretty much be impossible to do anyway, if you want do get some great pregnancy exercise sign up for prenatal yoga and/or pilates!!!! Good Luck :)
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh, but I missed the point of the question lol No I don't think it will make you miscarry, you'll probably be healthier because of it. No Worries!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I played Tennis up until I was 4 months pregnant, and my daughter turned out just fine.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I was in the military (Navy). We were told to do whatever we wanted while excersising as long as it was comfortable to us. If you get a pain then stop. I worked with someone who didn't even know she was pregnant until she went into labor. She did her entire Physical Training and the Test we take for it too (mile and half run in certain amount of time, sit ups, and push ups.) Oh, and she passed it too. Her baby is a wonderful active toddler right now.

If you're worried, then just ask your doctor. Only your doctor knows your body almost as well as you do. Good luck.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 11:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Your OB should really go over this with you. However, I was told by my OB that it is okay to continue your excersise routine as long as you're able to. There are certain excersises that are off limits after a certain point in your pregnancy. Like ones that require you to lay on your belly or flat on your back. However, walking and jogging should be fine during your pregnancy as long as your OB okays it. As well, when jogging make sure to wear the proper belly support as to make sure the baby isn't being jossled around too much. My OB just told me to not do anything that I wasn't doing before, because that would stress out my body and strain my body. Talk with your OB and she'll be able to tell you what she feels is the right amount of excersise during your pregnancy. As each women is different when they're pregnant, she'll be able to direct you in a excersise plan that's right for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2009