What to sell?

Ok here's my question. I'm running low on money right now, and I need about $50 to make it through the next 9 days. I have a few things I could sell, but I really only want to sell one of them if possible. So, if it were you, out of the things listed below, which would you sell, and how much would you ask for them?

1. Thomas Kinkade picture (with certificate of authenticity) but I collect Thomas Kinkade items
2. Cold Water Creek semi-formal dress, NEVER WORN, very beautiful (I havent' worn it because it was too small, but is getting so close to fitting now
3. Party Lite candle holders, but I think I can only get about $20 for them. What would you do?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Who knows how you got into such a tight spot, or if it's always like this for you, or something outta the blue that put you behind. If I were in your shoes, I would start by listing all three on Craig's List or Ebay, see which one goes first and part with that item, to get you through the immediate trouble. I would then take the time to figure out how to never get into such a tight spot again. Re work your budget for more savings, less expenses, almost all of us can do without something to make ends meet. You can also look into working from home, I make a fair amount of money doing so myself, and lots of other moms seem to do well also in thier chosen opportunity. I am sorry you are in this predicament, if you would like help with your budget, or information about working from home, or a free way to save money on everyday stuff, let me know. I am happy to help if I can. Hope you get through this as painlessly as possible!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• the kinkaid would sell the fastest. id go out on craigslist. i always get immediate responses on there GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Try all three as you are trying to sell things now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have just gotten started selling Scentsy products. If you are interested in Partylite, check out Scentsy first--- their much safer and more reasonably priced (and super cool). My website is scentsy.com/clairem
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think if you are in need of emergency money to go to this group, click here, Free No Fee Ever..

These jobs(2 of 3) allow you to get paid daily if you want.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• cont...

Also for long term you can offer legal plans to your community, its a BOOMING product in this economy.check it out for yourself  http://www.benefitssellingmag.com/r/bsMag/d/contentFocus/?adcID=701f22ebb94cef7dbaf53d7ba2d1be28.

Whats best you can do it when ever! You dont even have to shave spare time, weave it in to your life as you can comfortable. For a company overview go to www.NewCareer4ME.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• All of them. If you're scrounging up $50 to cover 9 days, you need money more than that. Hanging onto "stuff" when you're scraping for basics is foolish.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Its not always like this, I HAD to buy new brakes for my car, not just the brake pads. They were going out, and the dealership and Firestone both said i had less than 200 miles to go safely on those brakes. Cost me $275, which cut into grocery money badly. We normally have about $100 left over each paycheck ($200 per month) after bills, household items, groceries, which goes to emergency stuff and things like kids lunches for school and all that, but $275 out of one check, unexpectedly, kinda sucked! Thanks for the suggestions.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• BTW the PartyLIte candle holders DID sell for $20 yay! So now I'm closer to my goal :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009