I have a mouse and i reufse to kill it! Help.

I definatley want to get rid of it but refuse to kill it with traps or poision. Are there any other ways to get rid of them?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If there is a hole anywhere around your pipes or anyplace they can get in, they will especially now that it's starting to get cooler outside, they know winteris coming. Instead of tinfoil, I would reccommend using steel wool to plug even the tiniest crack and hole. They can get through the smallest imaginable space! They can't chew through steel wool. Put down cotton balls soaked with oil of peppermint in the corners and under the sink, backs of drawers, etc. Some reason they hate the smell and will go away.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Its pretty hard to get rid of mice without killing them. It takes a while and by then you could have a infestation. Your kids could get very sick by the horrible diseases they carry. i would call an exterminator and see what they can do before things get worse. just watch and episode of verminators on discovery and youll change youro mind lol GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I totally agree with Steph319. If you have an infestation then you are really in trouble. I have moved around 3 times due to mice infestations because its really hard to get rid of them. They use to even get on our beds and once I went to change my sons sheets and under the sheets was a squished tiny mouse. You are not a bad person for killing a mice. They are very dangerous.
    Darrymagu

Answer by Darrymagu at 8:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Go to a hardware store or try home depot. There are no-kill traps. You trap the mouse then take it for a little (or longer) ride into the country and let it go. We did this for years. Unfortunately, there were still lots of mice around. I agree with the problem with killing them. Field mice, for example, are very cute. But they do carry germs and disease, including in their droppings. After years, we called an exterminator, who put poison traps around. I hate the idea, but it has taken care of the mouse problem. What I refused that the exterminator wanted to use are those glue traps. The mouse gets its feet stuck and as it struggles to get out it gets more and more of it stuck, and you can't get it unstuck, I tried, sadly.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/mouse_trap.php

Check this out! You do have many options for a no-kill mousetrap...you can buy them or even make one, as shown above. I wouldn't use the killing ones either, especially the awful glue traps. I'm way too much of a softie for that. Good luck!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• there are no kill traps that are just cages that close shut when the mouse goes in .
    to try to keep them out tho search your whole house under sinks and in cabinets also closets EVERYWHERE take tin foil and plug up EVERY little hole you find .
    Remember if they can fit their head in they can get in .
    Anonymous

• Nope and if you have one you have more than one.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i could lend you my cat. you wouldn't kill it.... she would. seriously, get a cat
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2009