To moms of homes that you and DH work how do you split chores?

I have been a sahm for almost 3 years. Finally finished school and off to work. School was only a few hours a day so it wasnt a big difference. How do you and your DH or SO split chores? Cleaning, taking care of kids, making dinner, errands?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dinner: we have a menu and whoever gets home first starts dinner. Whoever doesn't cook cleans up the mess. Laundry: we both help and do it on the weekends. Trash: DH takes out the trash. Dusting/vacuuming: we both clean at the same time. Clutter: we both pitch in. Dishes: we both just do it when it needs done. We run errands together on the weekend. If that's a lot of trouble, then one person stays home and one runs the errands. DH does a lot of the outside work (mowing, fixing things, yard work). I do more of the inside stuff (paying bills, straightening up).
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My dds father does the dishes, gets her bathed and puts her to bed. He'll do things if I ask but those are things he does daily. It helps a lot
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My kids are older and so they do a lot of the work. I do the laundry, cook dinner most nights, load the dishwasher, vacuum sweep and mop, and straighten up the house. My husband takes out the trash, does the yard work, maintenance around the house and will cook dinner three nights a week when I'm working until 6pm. My kids have various chores like putting the dishes away, changing the cat litter, doing the recycling, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and putting their clean clothes away.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my husband and i basically asked the other what we loathed the most and do that for the other... then the weekdays and weekends are different. during the week he's in charge of our 3 month old when he gets home, so i can take a break and get ready for work (midnights) and he takes him unless he needs to eat. we're pretty good about splitting chores, i still do a lot of the work, but i honestly don't mind, because since our son has been born i've been a little bit of a control freak, and i know whatever chores i do... they'll get done right, lol... poor man just can't fold laundry to save his life
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• We just do what has to be done. He has stuff he likes to do (vacuuming, sweeping, anything with a "tool") so I let him go at it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2009