how to move on when your loved husband died?

sunflower.113

Asked by sunflower.113 at 6:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am very sorry for your loss. I don't think you ever quite move on but you do learn how to cope and how to start again, sometimes. When i lost my live in partner years ago( before i decided to become muslim and practice islam). i turned myself to into a mess of tears and sorrow. the experience lead me to a whole new world. It was through seeking nearness to the Creator that I learned how to deal and how to restart my life. what i learned regarding life and death put everything into a clear perspective for me. I advise you to seek nearness to the Creator. and to take these ladies up on the links they provided. Even when we go through similar experiences it is not the same but it helps to be able to identify. Also for your sake, grieve and mourn but do not become so deeply mournful t hat you lose yourself. If i can help you with anything, please feel free to pm me.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I do not know what you're going through...I have not lost my husband or anyone before their time (my grandparents have passed away).....but I do want to tell you that you need all the support in the world. Hopefully you are getting that from family and friends.

And you need space. Don't feel bad if some days you just want to be alone.

Again, I don't know what to say to you about moving on, but I do know that for any type of mourning, you have to address your feelings and not keep them bottled up inside.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 6:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Sorry dear, My MIL says that if wasn't for her Children and her faith that she wouldn't have been able to go on. She just took it day by day. Some days were good and some bad. If you need to find a shoulder to cry on.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I found this very helpful when my father passed away.  I hope it helps you too.

http://www.tcfniagara.ca/id30.html

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Sorry for your loss. It will take time for you to get over his passing. You will eventually start feeling better. You will know when you are ready to move on. Don't push it. Give yourself time to grieve

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss. All I can say is surround yourself with friends and family and take it one day at a time.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    I have never experianced this, so my advice may not be much help. Just remember the good times. And moving on does not mean forgetting him. If you have kids together, find a special ritual to remember him.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am also very sorry for your loss. I think you have lots of great advice here. It is a long process to grieve. Allow yourself time and surround yourself with loved ones.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Recognize that his spirit is still very close to you and very involved in your life. Accept that life is uncertain and that death is one of the transitions we all must go thru. Love is the only thing that can bridge this world and the next and it always survives. Grieve for your own loss and separation, but find joy in the love and connection that you feel, because it is still there.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009