Kids Birthday in school

My daughter is going to be two on Nov. 20. I wanted to throw a birthday party in school. Any suggestons? Thanks in advance.

DivaMom1118

Asked by DivaMom1118 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• get the teachers permission would be number one...alot of teacher dont allow things like that anymore because it means disruption in the classroom and alot of school dont allow sweets either...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thanks for the advice. I will speak the teacher. But if alllowed any suggestons? I never did this before. This is my first child.
    DivaMom1118

Answer by DivaMom1118 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• munchins are the best desert. they are peanut oil free and one of the only cakes that kids can take to school for bdays
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• dont make too big of a deal considering not everyones parents will do this for their child
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• find out also if any children in the class have allergies...i would serve for foodwise a healthy snack, and then cupcakes if teacher allows it....its an easy cleanup. as far as any games...thats gonna be difficult if the kids are as young as your son...AND if the teacher cant set aside enough time...most likely if the teacher allows this...she will only give you thier scheduled snacktime to do it...if so just stick to the snacks and have the class sing...maybe give out a goodie bag for the kids...but no candy in it! stuff thats safe for younger kids.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Cup cakes are always good. I did cup cakes, my next door neighbor did chocolate chips cookies. and the little boy across the street did donuts.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Some schools, I'm not sure about daycare, frown on birthdays at school. You have to consider religious issues (some don't celebrate anything), allergies, and the issue of having a "captive audience". I would make sure you aren't "offending" anyone. I hope it works out. Kids are so cute at 2.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'd call the school and ask what their policy is on birthday celebrations and ask if there are any food allergies to be aware of.
    My kids school allowed pre-packaged store items or bakery items, so I would buy cookies from the local bakery and send them in for my kids birthdays or special school 'holidays'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• When my son turned 1.... I packed little goodie bags for all the kids at the daycare.
    My son's birthday is around Halloween so I was able to get "fun size" snacks and a match box car in the boys gift bag and stickers for the girls gift bag.
    After Halloween everything is half off and still good even after Thanksgiving.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for all your advice.
    DivaMom1118

Answer by DivaMom1118 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009