Do you want another baby?

My daughter was born on July 20th and I am already getting the urge to have another one! She was my first. Is this a phase? How soon did you have your next child?

reagansmommy196

Asked by reagansmommy196 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Funny you ask that question.......I felt the same way after my first born. I became pregnant with my next baby when my first was about 9mo. old. I now have 3 boys and am pregnant with baby #4.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My daughter was born in April and DH and I have been actively trying to get preggo for 2 months now. It's difficult because I BF but we're hoping it'll happen before Christmas. I think there are more pros to having the kids closer in age than there are to spacing them farther apart. :)
    ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My son was born july 10th and i think the first time i had that feeling was at my 6 week checkup at the obgyn, and the office was filled with a bunch of preggos... and then i saw a couple looking at their ultrasound picstures, and once i was in an exam room, i heard a mom listening to her baby's heartbeat... and i missed it! I still definitely want to have another, but there is no way we could right now. we've decided 2 will be our limit, unless god has other plans... and we're going to wait until our son is out of diapers... and i want my pre-baby body back (just to mess it all up again, lol)
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thank you guys for your answers! Now I do not feel crazy lol. I had a dream about being pregnant again and I told my husband about it and he said "Ohhh that wouldn't be so bad." Not the answer I expected. I loved being pregnant and I love babies. The only problem is, my mother in law watches my daughter. I think 2 babies would be too much for her. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but financially I cannot right now. Maybe I will wait a little bit...
    reagansmommy196

Answer by reagansmommy196 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My husband is usually the first to mention another one! I am pregnant with number 4 and our oldest is 3 years! Our kids are 15 months, 18 months, and soon to be 14 months apart. We never expected to have them SO close together, but it's been great!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• hell No ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• We want another one, too! Our DD is 16 months old, and my DH said that he wanted another baby when Catie was only 2 weeks old! We've been trying for several months, but no luck so far!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yepp I think about it all the time ... I had my baby in June! I had a c-section though so my husband and I are trying to wait.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I didn't then, I SURE do now!!! DD will be 2 in Nov... DH has been deployed since she was 8 mos old (that's 15 mos) so there wasn't a chioce at that time. Now I want one more than EVER!!! DH wants to wait however... til we decide what we are going to do and THEN have our second and last kid!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My daughter is 5 now and I am having dreams all the time about having another baby. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't want anymore children and it probably won't happen for other various reasons. But it has definitely been on my mind ALOT lately!
    dolphinsmom

Answer by dolphinsmom at 9:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2009