I posted a question a week ago about how I needed help because my nephew might be getting neglected. Well, today something else happened.....Please Help!!

Some of my concerns from my previous question were my brother in law said things like "take this chore of a child from me, Im done with him" and I cant take him anymore get him away from me." Her hubby has a temper... is it possible his temper and his hatred for the baby could make him hurt the baby one night or take it out on my 2yr old niece even though he has no problem with her?

TODAY::: he wrote this on his facebook... He ate at: 10:30 pm, 2:30am, 4:30am, 5:30 am and has yet to go back to sleep. You should be allowed to chloroform your own children.

My sister wont leave him! Im scared for the kids! I called the police district and they wont help me...What can I do, they live in another state. She needs to get those kids away from him.

How can I get through to my sister? What should I do?? Im so sick to my stomach, Im worried!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• sadly there really isnt much you can do. if the police wont do anything then its absolutely up to your sister to protect her kids and if she isnt doing anything about it then what else can you do except pray for the best!!!
    Rylansmommy386

Answer by Rylansmommy386 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• one question....and dont take this the wrong way...but COULD you be overreacting....alot of people will post things on thier facebook or myspace to relieve stress...it doesnt mean they are going to DO it.....the only way to know for certain is has he ever hurt his family? if not...i reccomend you stay out of it...keep an eye on things...but dont overstep or you could lose your sister...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Of course he is capable of hurting the kids....I hate it when a woman puts a man before her kids.
    I know it must be tearing you apart because it is me!
    Call 211
    It is an information hotline or you can call the state's attorney's office they also will have answers as to where to turn.
    I will get back to you on this if I come up with any other ideas.

Also PRAY for their safety!!!...seriously! they need that and deserve it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Ok unless there are physical bruises you are going to have a really tough time with proving this. I am sorry it is that way because you see the red flag but nobody else does. Does he hit his wife or other kid?
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 11:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Call CPS, they will takes those threats seriously. They cannot afford not to

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• one thing i noticed is your title says you think your nephew is being neglected...but according to the post the father made...he is getting fed often, wich im assuming to mean he is a newborn with how often he is waking up....sounds like he isnt being neglected at all...and that this father is just stressing and doesnt know how to handle a newborn....you might not know everything...especially where you dont live near them.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Call CPS in her state
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Does their MOTHER think the children are being neglected? I think you need to mind your own damn business. Sounds like dad is stressed out, which is PERFECTLY NORMAL with a baby that wakes and eats that often.
    Anonymous

• Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you may be overreacting a little. It sounds like dad is just very stressed out, which happens when there's a new baby.

Now, that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch for signs that something bigger could be going on. Keep an eye out, and the first time you see SOLID evidence that this father is being abusive or neglectful, call Child Protective Services. You can do it anonymously, and they'll make a surprise visit to the house to check things out.
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 3:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• why when people put status's up on myspace/facebook people take it so friggin seriously. One day, My son was being difficult and feeling he needed the last word on everything and I posted "I'm about to throw my 11 year old out the window!" Meaning I was at the end of my rope with him I wasn't going to literally throw him out the window. MY fiance's brother threatened to call the state I said go ahead you're wasting their time. I live in a friggin trailer...a window isnt that far from the ground. I disagree with Blue, don't mind you're own business children are involved BUT do keep and ears opened for other signs but where you don't live close to them you may not be able to see everything that goes on.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009