I'm 26 weeks, was overweight when I got pregnant, and still not showing very much at all.

I did grow out of my regular jeans but i'm still wearing the same tshirts, just a bit more stretched out. Has anyone else experience this? I'm a little worried that I will never look "pregnant" and just look really fat and bloated until I give birth. :(

Jennifarter

Asked by Jennifarter at 9:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how overweight you were before you got pregnant really.

With that said, I was only 120lbs when I got pregnant but I didn't "pop" until I was around 27-28 weeks I only looked like I had a little pooch up until then then after that it's like I just woke up one morning and looked pregnant. It was crazy. So it's possible you just haven't popped yet , you're only 26 weeks so give it time.

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I was overweight as well, but by 33 weeks I looked pregnant. Before that I looked just a little pudgier than before.

You'll look pregnant! Don't worry!!

christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Also, if it's your first, it normally takes much longer for your body to look pregnant than with subsequent pregnancies. I remember for a long time just feeling that I looked like a girl who was getting fat but was too dense to buy larger clothes. But I didn't fit into maternity clothes yet!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 10:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm 25 weeks today and look about 3-4 months pregnant. I wear maternity jeans but regular shirts. This is my 3rd baby and I got pregnant 4 months after my 2nd so needless to say I was overweight going in but haven't gained much weight. Some days I'll look more pregnant than others, depending on how she's lying or how much I had to eat, but from some angles I don't even look pregnant! I think we will both experience a pop overnight :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• this happened to me...as my little sister toid me "if i didnt know you were pregnant id just think you were fat" precious isnt she lol. But it took until i was just about 8 months to look "pregnant" it will happen!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am 25 weeks and how pregnant I look depends on what I wear. I have to wear maternity pants, but not always maternity shirts. and if I wear one of my hubby's t shirts you really can't tell unless you're looking for it. But I have noticed in the last few weeks that this belly is growing fast...

So maybe if you wear belly hugging maternity shirts it would make you feel better? it makes a pretty big difference in helping me feel like i look pregnant instead of fat.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• im currently 38 weeks and i didnt pop till i was about 7 months.. i was 30 lbs overwieght according to the midwife at my practice. i was 192 pre-pregnancy and am now 209.. and everyone says i definitely look pregnant now.. and i still wear all my pre-pregnancy clothes.. my jeans dont fit around my belly, but they dont fall off me either.. i know im lucky.. dont worry about it.. it'll happen..
    cqjg61508

Answer by cqjg61508 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2009