Why does it hurt so bad?

I broke up with my ex because he was very mean and never really came around. In the beginning I was happy with my decision and it didn't affect me. He would call daily or text and I got tired of it, I ignored him everytime. Finally I got the strength to block him because he was telling me how he wanted a second chance but never went any further than just the same ol' "I love you" text but on facebook he would go crazy talking to other girls, commenting on their pics and giving them all sorts of attention. Now that he isn't able to get a hold of me on the phone, he doesn't bother trying to reach me at all... its like it was all an act. There are no signs that he loved me or missed me at all. I also found out he has been talking to some other girls on messenger. I guess the hard part is finding out that this person who played with your mind for two years never really loved you but was using you because they had no one else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry to hear that story

try to think back to another time in your life when something was very very hurtful, try to feel how you felt then, and then feel how you feel about that time now, realize that you are strong, you got through that hurtful thing and you will get through this too

and try to visualize how your life will be in 6 months from now, a year from now whatever time frame you want, feel how this hurt will be smaller and not feel the same as the past hurt you have been through

at an easy time for you, but this may help with the healing time

and remember that he is the hurt, do not let him sore you to a bright future, do not become bitter about his actions, learn from them, maybe even find humor in the whole thing (when you are ready)

visualize your past and future when the present is hard to handle

God Bless You, you are strong and you will be better than fine
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes, that really sucks but it is better than wasting more time with him, which is exactly what you are doing mentally. Get over it. Be happy that you are now FREE from an @$$hole & open to a life by yourself or with a great guy. Go exercise, read a good book or have coffee with a good friend. Enjoy the life that God gave you & be grateful that you did not marry the man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thank you ladies so much. It just been getting the best of me and today I just feel like bawling everytime I think about it which is every second of the day. I am getting teary eyed right now. I will take your advice and run with it. Down the road I know I will be thankful... I just got to get through today and tomorrow and eventually my heart will start to mend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• This is anonymous 10:45am again. I was just checking in on you. Before you take the advice of 2 total strangers, you really need a more solid foundation in order to stand firm for the long haul. It is too easy to fall back into bad patterns in life. Anyhow, I want to challenge you to really stop, set aside ALL emotions & think logically about the whole thing. Look at an older HAPPY couple that you know that have been together for a long time. Though they definately have hit rough spots in their marriage, chances are they didn't play immature crappy games like this guy. Then take a look at a couple that always has chaos or drama going on. The kids suffer because of divorce & all the 'break ups' that the parents go through while dating others. It truly is crazy & you are truly blessed to be away from him. Get yourself a good guy, because there are some out there, later down the road. He is out there but you don't want to rush.
    Anonymous