I drank a soda at the bar and...

had a great conversation with this (old) biker dude. I just got out of a relationship so it was nice to have someone to talk to. We talked about everything from family to our future. He kept telling me that I was a real catch and that he couldn't understand how I could be single... that I was beautiful. I am not big on compliments. There were other bikes that were telling me that I had a pretty smile. I guess I kinda put myself in a awkward position. Anyways, when we got done talking because I had to go home, he asked for my number... he said that he knew he was a lot older than me but sometime you just meet someone special and its hard to just walk away... that he could be the one. He took my number and name but I saw he had put it in his phone incorrectly. Does he sounds for real or was just trying to get in my pants? (I have never had someone be so serious about this kinda stuff) Was I wrong for not saying some about my #?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• No. If you were that into him you would have said something. If you see him again just act like it was his mistake..which it was
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• ha...ya, sorry if it seems rude...but it doesnt seem like you were too into the guy in the first place...and men-especially "older" men will talk a lot of BS to a younger girl just get one thing---I would count it as a blessing that he entered your # wrong...and if it was ment to be, you'll meet again.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Good answers. I was going to say about the same thing, somebody you meet at a bar might be just sweet-talking you. Especially if you let on that you'd just had a bad relationship. He may have sensed that you were vulnerable. Of course he may have been a great guy, too, but I'd be suspicious.

Answer by Bmat at 11:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• There's always the chance that it's not about sex. You know how you can tell? Flat out tell him you're not looking for sex the next time you see him. He'll probably be at the bar frequently hoping to run into you. Just say something like "I just got out of a relationship and I AM NOT going to be putting out for a while, so DO NOT expect it." I have always found honesty to be the best policy. You're going to have to make sure you sound like you mean it, though, because if you sound meek or unsure then he won't take it seriously.

If he's just after sex he won't call, and he'll find another bar. If he really meant what he said then he will take it in stride and ask to see you again :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• That is how players play. Some of the nicest guys are great until they have you then they show their true colors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• OP here ~ I wasn't into him at all... I think he is older or as old as my dad which is 47... I am 25. I was just curious if people really say things like this and mean them. The conversation we had was great though. I was kinda relieved when I saw that he entered the wrong number but not sure if it was wrong of me. He told me to come out tonight because he wants to see me again but I am staying home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It is easy to be nice to someone for an hour or two. A bar is never a good place to meet someone. Everyone there is trying get into your pants or some other girls pants. They will tell you whatever you want to hear.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• If it's meant to be then he'll find a way to get in touch with you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009