How often do you feed your baby, baby food?

I started my son on baby food a few weeks ago, ive been doing 2jars a day (level 1) Is that normal? Im almost all through the veggies~been staying on one food for 3days each, then ill start fruits, once im trough them all can i do like one veggie & one fruit a day? Also how many bottles a day do they still drink

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That seems like a lot, to me. But, each child and parent is different.

My son started solids around 8 mos, and at that time, had just a few spoonfuls every few days.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my kids never had baby food. When my son was about 3 months, I would mash up my scrabled eggs and feed him that and some other things that I could mash or chew for him. Every baby eat's how much they want to eat and drink how much they want to drink. Just make sure that your not making him eat more then he wants.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• When we first started baby food it was one container or jar of food, and about that much of cereal once or twice a day, depending on if he was awake at both lunch and dinner. We tried to do one fruit and one vegetable a day just for balance. We alternated introducing a fruit and a veggie every three days. then we bought normal applesauce and he handled that fine so we moved to the stage 2s. He was eating those fine before we ever considered adding the stage 2 meats. Some of the 3s were fine but some he had issues with but by the time he could eat those comfortably, he was mostly on table foods anyway.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My DD is 6 months old. She has been on soilds for quite a while. So don't bash. I don't really care what you have to say. Anyway. She is on stage 1 & 2 food.

Sopheeahs schedule is.

9 a.m. fruit.
    11 a.m. 4 oz bottle.
    1 p.m. fruit/veggie.
    3 p.m. 4 oz bottle.
    5 p.m. veggie.
    7 p.m. gerber snackies.
    9 p.m. 6 oz bottle.
    10:30ish bedtime.

then she wakes up around 6 or 7 for another bottle.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 5:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009