What do you do when you see someone who hurts your cause?

If you see another liberal babbling on and on about conspiracy theorists or spamming question after question about the 50 doctors who like the healthcare bill. If you're a conservative who sees question after question blaming Obama for everything from internet ads to the Olympics. Do you speak up or ignore it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I speak up when I can produce an "approved" liberal source/link--which is not that difficult! LOL If I'm too tired, or think it's just not worth the "fight" I'll ignore it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I speak up when I can produce an "approved" liberal source/link

It's not about proving the other side wrong. It's about when your own side makes you all look bad. What do you do when another conservative starts with crazy talk?
    Anonymous

• There are extremes on both ends of the political spectrum--I don't take ONE PERSONS opinion to heart. No one is capable of "hurting my cause!" I fight for what I feel is right and what may affect my family--when all is said and done, that's all I CAN do!

OP--how do you feel when another liberal makes you look bad--as there are MANY of them! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Occasionally I will call them on it, just like I call people on PA and using the system rather than accepting help for a limited time then getting off of it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I used to get involved, more and more often now I ignore it. Neither side is making any gains in changing the other side's mind. The spiral is dizzying, exhausting, and getting downright boring. I have chosen to take the advice of "get a life" and enjoy the one I have rather than hanging out here all day and arguing until I am blue in the fingers. :)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• These days I find myself ignoring more and more on this site.

I agree with pswifey (writing it down to remember this momentous occasion) that neither side is making any gains in changing the other side's mind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I agree *gasp* with pswifey. I'm here less and less every day. When I am here, I look for certain people's questions, usually because they are either thought provoking, interesting, or explain the other side well.

The hc debate has gotten really old. I can't help bu wonder If that is part of the plan, to get is so burnt out on the thing it will be a relief when it's over.

I really do enjoy hearing other opinions, though. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the two sides, and we aren't getting anywhere shouting with our fingers in our ears.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I also agree with PS Wifey. I just don't answer the questions posed by the nutballs much anymore. Sometimes I will, but generally, I don't. I am not going to change their mind, and they do not make me or my cause look bad. They make themselves look bad. Regardless of what side of the debate they are on.

If we are on the same "side" and I find them off the wall, and want to comment, I will tell them I think they are off the wall. I don't paint all people with the same brush. Liberal or conservative, there are freaks and asshats on either side. They tend to scream the loudest, longest, and insult the most.

I think LA has a good point - the hc debate is hitting burnout point for me. I know what I support, I look for that, and don't worry anymore about trying to help others wade through it. I don't like that, but that is what it has become.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• There are some people (on both sides) that I don't even bother opening the questions anymore when I see them, but I'll speak up if I see someone making ridiculous blanket statements and making the mistake of claiming to speak for everyone. This usually comes up with the "this is a Christian nation" bs more than anything. If it's one person making a fool of themself, I'll ignore it, at least until someone from "the other side" takes it upon themselves to repost the fool's statement as indicative of what everyone believes.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I feel the same that I wont go to certain post, because I know I never agree with that person and it is a waste of my time to look at it.

When people have a belief in something, you cant change that persons opinion and that is something I never try to do, but I give my opinionbecause I feel like I see more truth to the situation than the opposing side does, because there has been a tremendous amount of harm being done to this Nation and it deeply saddens me.

So its a big waste of time on here and I have better things to do than debate with people who don't care anyway.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009