Did you know that the swine flu is EXTREMELY deadly to pregnant women?

Much more then the regular flu. Please take precautions ladies!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,559062,00.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i have heard its because of the dehydration...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thanks for this... I will not be getting out anytime soon to do anything.. I am 25 weeks prego and praying that me and others do not get this.... God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i could see where it would be. my son & i have it right now. it's awful.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Fox news is known for propaganda and sensationalism.
    Anonymous

• Did you know that car accidents can cause death?!?!?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am not going to get that H1N1 vaccination because it is too new. I am 11weeks preg with 3 children and none of us get the flu shot. I don't want to be experimented on! I don't even get the regular flu shot.
    Anonymous

• That would be why pregnant women are considered in the "high risk" group, along with young children, the elderly, and anyone with health complications, especially those with breathing issues. It could be extremely deadly to those groups, as well.
    Anonymous

• The swine flu is believed to be more deadly to those with respiratory problems like asthma, history of pneumonia and such. I'm not convinced that just the fact that you're pregnant means you will die from swine flu. I won't get the vaccine. I will get the regular flu shot as long as it is thimerosal free. I am using hand sanitizer and taking extra Vit D and probiotics. Best wishes to everyone. Hoping for a healthy winter for you all.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 1:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• "Fox news is known for propaganda and sensationalism. "

--Sorry but this is actually true whether it's fox or cnn or any news station ( who are all known for this if you didn't know). Working in a hospital where a lot have come in with the swine flu i know that to pregnant women it is a lot worse and death is more likely.
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have heard that pregnant have such trouble with the H1N1 or regular flu due to a lowered lung capacity and it's actually the pnemonia stemming from the flu that causes a problem. Why not get the regular flu shot and they pnemonia booster??
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009