is craigs list the best way to get rid of baby things? another site?

my daughter is two, i have some baby things that we no longer need. I would like to sell at low price, make a little money, but main reason is to just not have it around. I have not done craigslist before to sell anything, has anyone used this with success? i s there another site that is better? Anything I should keep in mind if and when I post some items? I talked to SO about and we agreed that I am not ok with people coming to the house without him here (you just never know) and I am so much more aware of dangers now that I am a mom

any ideas on how to sell on craigslist (or another if you know one)
things like, crib, walker thing, clothes, toys

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had success on CL. Actually right now my hubby is down stairs with a couple who is buying our stroller. Sometimes I have to post the ad twice and also try to make something bold in your heading. There are tons of people who go overboard in their headings, which bugs me though. Usually the solicitors.

Take good pictures too. Hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• ebay
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Do you have a Once Upon A Child, or other childrens retail store in your area? That would be the easy way to go. Other than that I would go with Ebay.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yard sales are fun or flea markets
    Anonymous

• Make sure you only accept cash only, pickup only or else you'll have a lot of scammers contacting you. You might even want to add that at the end of your listing.
    Anonymous

• Ebay! People will bid on any baby stuff on that site, especially if you sell stuff in lots. I buy a lot of baby clothes off ebay and there's always multiple bids.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• On occasion, I have met buyers at a neutral place, like a wal-mart or a grocery store. That way, no one knows where you live.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 1:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I use Craigslist for our bigger childrens items..furniture/toys/etc... for clothing I use eBay.
    Krystallized

Answer by Krystallized at 1:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009