Has anyone had their doctor tell them that their unborn child has a hole in his heart

I would like to know what this means as far as the child leading a normal life, is it rare, is it just another reason to have the child on medication ?

Asked by kryysteez at 2:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My neice son had this same problem they found a whole in hwe son heart when she was pregnant with him when he was born he had complications there was alot he could not do or that she couldnt do but he did end up getting surgery to fix the hole in his heart he is better now and a happy little man

Answer by demonfairy23 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My middle child had a hole in his heart when I was pregnant with him. By the time he was born it had almost completely closed. He lives a very normal and active life just like anyother 10 year old. Good luck!

Answer by fernperry at 1:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I didnt know about a hole in my baby's heart until I got to see him in the NICU, he had a VSD as well as a ASD, he had surgery for the VSD and the other one closed on it own. He is a healtier baby since the surgery, we just have to go in for echos and rechecks plus modify his meds...a way of life for a DS baby... :)

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008