MY DD IS HAVING HER PARTY AT A PLACE CALLED FIRE IT UP.IT COSTS PER CHILD. THE POTTERY COSTS EXTRA IS IT TACKY TO ASK THE GUESTS TO BRING $5-$8 FOR THEIR POTTERY??

mommyhero

Asked by mommyhero at 1:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say tacky, but I sure wouldn't have the party there if I couldn't afford it, the guest are already making time to come and more than likely bringing a gift, if you have not sent out the invites, why not limit it to a smaller group? I have to tell you that I have a huge pet peeve about parties that are supposed to for someone and the guests are expected to pay for themselves. My son goes to a lot of parties and you have to remember the parents have to struggle to get them there, pick them up etc.. I really don't think you shoul, but if DD's heart is set on it and it is the only way--go ahead, but let me tell you the other moms are gonna talk about it, so don't get mad! Happy Birthday!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I agree. But, it isn't tacky to set a limit. Like the kids can only pick in a certain price range. Anything above that the parent needs to send extra money.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I find it rude. Its a bday party and if you cant afford a big thing then have cake, ice cream and a pinata. I agree with first two posters too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• also, if she wants to go there then let her pick one friend and do it at another time without everyone else
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes, I would have to say I think it is kind of tacky and rude. Its all or nothing with this sort of thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Kids shouldn't have to pay to come celebrate YOUR child's party. If you look at it that way, yes it is pretty tacky.
    My kids go to about 5 parties a year, if they had to pay for each one, PLUS buy a present, well, you can bet they wouldn't be able to go to all of them.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 2:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Very tacky. Only invite as many kids as you can afford to pay for.
    Anonymous

• If you can't afford to pay for the party, then have a less expensive one. When you invite someone to a party, it's understood that the host is paying for everything. It's incredibly tacky to ask for money. If your guests want to do something EXTRA, they should pay for that on their own, but to ask them to pay for their own pottery activity is rude and tacky.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yes.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2009