How can I stop doubting I am pregnant?

I got a positive hpt test
I have thrown up(once but still....)
Foods I normally like I don't want anything to do with
etc.

I have wanted a baby for so long but DH and I gave up after a while(we have been married for almost 5 years and tried right after I got off of birth control--which was 3 months). We decided that we will go through with adoption and I was fine with it. I even got pretty excited about adopting a child.

All the sudden I had no energy.(I am usually very energetic). I just could not do my cardio or crunches--anything. The first day I thought maybe I was just worn out but that week passed and turned into the next I knew something was different. Plus I had been having a very sour stomache and peeing alot. I have gone a while without a period so being late did not alert me but that+how I was feeling prompted DH and I to go and buy a HPT.
We have not been to doctor yet but still I should believe right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took like seven hpt before I would believe it, when they ALL came back possitive then I called the doctor for a blood test. I was 8 weeks along.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Congratulations! And the disbelief comes and goes. I still have my moments when i have to remind myself that I am pregnant and I'm 25 weeks. Once the baby starts kicking, the little one will remind you on it's own! lol Good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• congrats ! you are pregnant!!!! does that help? lol.

you have wanted a child for a long time, and were making other plans to start your family. i'm not surprised that you are in shock but you can believe it now! congrats again. i'm happy for you :)
    Anonymous

• btw i have 2 friends who were in the middle of adoption, writing their essays, setting up home visits, etc. boom, they got pregnant and baby is due in january :D
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone :D
    Anonymous