how can you have fake nails and be on foodstamp?

I work in a nail salon. A couple of my clients are on FoodStampbut they have enough to pay 40 dollar every two weeks for nails. are you kidding me. I work almost everyday and can not afford to spend 40.00 every 2 weeks for nail. and for the person that is going to say "just becausei am on FS does that mean i can not do my nails" yes that is correct; pay for your won food and quit spending money on stupiuid things like fake nail.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your right! But what do you do, at least they are putting money in your pocket! I am in the salon industry and nails have been the hardest hit in this economy, so I guess it is good to know that Uncle Sam is trying to help us out--LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I know! I hate seeing things like that!
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't know exactly how, but for some people it is a requirement of their job, like if they work for a jewelry store or someplace where their appearance is of an importance, and then the nails might be considered a tax write off. Second, maybe "they" aren't paying for them, their mom, sister, SO might be paying for them as a gift or for something else.
    Anonymous

• you can work and be on foodstamps. My daughter was a waitress and had her nails done because she felt having nice hands increased her tips. Her tips were over 50 to 100 bucks every night.

Or maybe the woman's bf gives her money.
    Anonymous

• get over it. people who need the help with food stamps needs to make them feel good about there self some how. I no i love my nails done it makes me feel pretty and nice.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 2:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love getting my nails done but only if I can afford it without having someone else give me money, etc. I personally feel best when I can do for myself.
    Anonymous

• I constantly get compliments on my nails, and get asked where I got them done. I do them myself. I also am not on food stamps or any other sort of assistance.
    Anonymous

• Again here we go with the bs of what someone does or doesn't do while on foodstamps.  You are only mad because you can't afford to get your nails done which makes absolutely no sense to me since you are the one doing her nails.  SO either you are lying and just asked this question to start crap or you should go apply for foodstamps since it bothers you so much that someone else gets them.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have very mixed feelings on this issue. We live in a free country. It is not up to anyone to judge how others spend their money. I do have a problem that my tax dollars are spent to support those who are taking advantage. I don't mind people being on welfare if they need to for whatever reason. I used to work for a welfare agency many years ago, and it made me cringe the ways people manipulated to get around the system to obtain aid. They would be there with designer clothes, expensive jewelery and all made up, and yet, asking for assistance. No, you don't have to look like a filthy bum to apply for assistance. But, when this people come with their stories, and then leave with their baby's daddies, who are waiting around the corner in their latest model vehicles, makes you wonder what is wrong with the system. But, like pp's said, this is just my opinion, which I don't voice unless someone asks, like here. To each their own.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 2:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• So, what you are telling us is that you are absolutely without fault or sin right? Your life is so squeaky clean that St. Peter himself would faint dead away at your perfect, faultless, sinless life right? You should of course be judge and jury for all of those peons on food stamps because they are all soooo beneath you. You of course should be the one to regulate what they eat, where they go, what they buy or do, because everyone should be as perfect as you! Get over yourself, get a life, and then you won't have so much time to sit and bash others. Yes ladies another gutless wonder anon...go figure!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009