did you save your first babies clothes for the next baby?

So my hubby had this suprisingly good idea

to buy one of those plastic totes and as our baby grows out of his clothes, if they are still in good condition, then wash them and put them in the tote to save for the next baby, if the baby is also a boy of course.

has anyone else done something similar?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 5 months old and I just put away the first box of his clothes. We are planning on having one or two more children so I will use them again. Even if it is a girl I can probably use most of the stuff if I pair it with something girly, especially the denim. I don't plan on giving my baby clothes away until I am sure we are done having children.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am doing the same thing. The only problem is that I have a mountian of totes in my basement!
    Anonymous

• yep i didnt throw away any clothes from my frist baby.i have tons so i gave some to a girl who needed help and the rest i used for my 2nd baby. and i still to this day what ever dont fix my older baby i save them for my my youngest
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i did the same thing and now 10 totes later and no room Im starting to give her stuff to good will. I will keep everything neutral up to the first year. i really want to take my fav clothes of her and have a blanket or something made!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• very very smart! we didn't because we weren't planning on having another, at least not for a very long time. now our son is 2 and we are trying to get pregnant. lol. we will have to buy everything again! we got rid of his high chair, his bassinet, everything. we did give a lot of it to my sister who just had a baby boy so that makes me feel ok about it :) hopefully she will give it back if i get pregnant. lol. and we bought most of our baby clothes at consignment shops since baby clothes are in such good condition since they grow out of it so fast :) another good reason to save those baby clothes! they probably still are almost like new!
    Anonymous

• I have a very big family, 10 kids and 20 grandkids....so far. I am always saving clothes and passing them around. I did also do it when I had my babies, saved the nicer clothes for the next baby....and now sometimes I'll get out something for a 2 year old, and a 8 year old will say ,"Hey that was mine!"
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• we're doing the same thing.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Of course!! It would be silly not to.

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think that is a very great idea!! I am not going to do it because I will only have one baby BUT I plan on saving all his clothes that are in good condition and giving them away to someone I know who's having a baby boy.
    BlazzinBebe88

Answer by BlazzinBebe88 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes, I thought that's what everyone did! My mom still has some of my baby clothes and will give them to me if I ever have a girl :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 4:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009